Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MEL wrote:
in my gun room...........Hehe... maybe I'll snap a photo for everyone.

MEL
OK mel, here is mine. <hehehe>

upstairs over the garage (better to see the enemy comming :lol: ), about two more months and it will be done (along with the rest of the house :D )!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, because of the odd shape of my room and its location to the walls outside, it was hard to try and get a decent picture. Here is what I got:

The lighting is actually better than it looks, hum, it also looks tiny in the picture... its really bigger than it looks too. Along the two walls you cannot see, there are book shelves loaded with ammo, mounts, books, scopes, etc. Mostly things for sniper central.... All of my field gear (ghillies, rucks, clothes, boots, etc) are in our main storage area, just not enough room in the gun room. There will be more racks added for customer rifles (and hopefully some of my own). You also cannot see where all the stocks, barrels, actions are for the customer rifles. Soon, I will put cabinets above the work bench. I also prewired for a speaker up in the ceiling for the future. You know, for those times when I'm in the room for a long time....

MEL

·
Registered
994 Posts
Because I live in an apartment in Berkeley, I don't have much of a "man room," but rather, a manly corner of sorts, I suppose. California dictates that you have to store your firearms either individually locked with CA DOJ-approved locks, or in a CA DOJ-approved safe, so even if I had a cool room for tinkering, I still couldn't store 'em armory-style. :(

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
383 Posts
Damn Scatch, I hope you live in the ground floor! That safe must weight 800 lbs! Juding from the pic it looks to be about 7 1/2' tall and pretty damn wide, pretty big for an apartment :)

I have a closet upstairs that has a similar gunsafe (we used pulleys and a big window), I am in the process of building a machining shop with my grandfather over at his house, the structure is complete, we are working out the layout of benches, shelves, ovens, tools, etc.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh.........yea, I have been thinking of a way to get mine upstairs, too bad my window is too small.

21 gun remington safe 500-600 lbs. HEY ALL YALL WANT TO COME DOWN TO GA. IN ABOUT TWO MONTHS??? I WILL HAVE COLD BEER AND HAMBURGERS FOR ALL!! (EDIT: OLSON, YOUR TO YOUNG, I WILL HAVE SOME WARM MILK FOR YOU)

(& a safe to move) :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
haha i'll tell you what..i may be 16....but i damn sure would like some cold brew...Budlight?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Wooo Nelly!! Sorry, no promoting of illegal activities on this site (alcohol to minors).

Sorry olson, you just need to wait 5 years.

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
olson said:
haha i'll tell you what..i may be 16....but i damn sure would like some cold brew...Budlight?
NO WAY LITTLE FELLA, NOT AT MY HOUSE!! please note that I have edited my other offer :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
LOL :p

argh thats harsh...21...

Put the lad to work and give him a hamburger and a juice box...and no bumming cigarettes either....

5 years...man...LOL :twisted:

Move to Quebec, Olson...cut 3 years off your waiting.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dead Roman said:
Hey im only 20. I may not be able to drink, buti will damn sure provid some cubans.
OK, your in, you can have some orange juice. The warm milk is for Olson................. :wink:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
lol if you seriously need some help moving that big bastard, lemme know caver. Ill bring a dolly and we can take it up the stairs or through a wall or soemthing.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spade said:
lol if you seriously need some help moving that big bastard, lemme know caver. Ill bring a dolly and we can take it up the stairs or through a wall or soemthing.
I have the help lined up (thanks for the offer!!), but we are going to have a moving in party (after we are done moving) with all of our caving friends and I will give you a heads up if you want to come.

PS - I ant tear'in no walls down, I just got the put up! :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
LOL....Honest to goodness out loud! I owe you one for that

·
Registered
994 Posts
caver101 said:
uh.........yea, I have been thinking of a way to get mine upstairs,
If it'll fit through the stairs, you can use a 'power-dolly' of sorts. There are four cement steps that lead up to the entryways to the apartments on the ground floor, and we used a dolly that has a motorcycle battery and a moving set of wheels: as you wheel the safe to one step, you rest the dolly on an edge and then extend the wheels above the step, and then you can pull the dolly onto the step.

Take it slow and get a good second person. It might be hard on your carpet, though, which I don't think your wife would like much!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
383 Posts
I realized Scatch probably doesnt have 8' doors, but I could be wrong (with my size guestimate).

Anywho, he didnt say he wouldn't have ice chests full of beer, you might be able to STEAL one or four. Just be quick about it, and don't handle firearms afterwards :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
subThermal said:
I realized Scatch probably doesnt have 8' doors, but I could be wrong (with my size guestimate).
The safe is a few inches taller than me, and I'm 6'1" on a good day. The thing weighs a ton (at least so it felt like).

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
383 Posts
We had to use climbing ropes to wench ours upstairs. They weight A LOT!

At least you dont have to worry about some thief tryin to pick it up and take it.

Nothing like portable safes. :roll:

I'm 6'1 too

1 - 20 of 97 Posts