Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for posts on sightron optics in this forum, and haven't found any, most likely my problem. I've asked for info on these about two weeks ago, and nothing has arrived from sightron. The new SS scopes looke rather enticing, but then there's the "you get what you pay for" issue.
My quesiton:
The SII's and SIII's: Does anyone have any input, positive/negative on the quality of the glass? Clarity?

Input is warranted and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I've commented on these scopes a couple of times, and better yet, I'm getting one of the new SS's for review in about 3 weeks.

The SII's and SIII"s are very good, the SI's I would stay away from. The SII glass is clear and the quality is good. The adjustments on these scopes are truly better, its not just hype. The knobs are extremely precise.

Now, I have all the specs on the SS scopes that are coming out, they will not be cheap. The SII SS scopes will be in the $600 (MSRP, you'll get them cheaper than that) with the SIII up in the $900 (again, street price will be cheaper).

These SS scopes have the side focus and mil dots on all of them. Now, to top it off, Sightron is having a few prototypes made per my request with the mil-dot reticle in the FRONT focal plane!! This is not planned to be a production model.... YET!! With some convincing we might be able to change that. This should be a winner.

All in all, I'm a fan of the sightron SII scopes. I really like the 3-12x with turrets.

MEL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking forward to seeing that review. I only hope that you finish it quickly, only so I can make my optics choice. However, if retail is close to a Leupold, it's no going to be a big decision to make.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Retail on the sightron scopes are less than leupold. But it depends also what models you are comparing.

MEL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What bother's me is that I called and asked for some 05 product info last week on monday and I haven't recieved it yet. I have made purchasing decisions on products before on customer service issue alone. I hope it comes soon. My remington 700 VS LH just came back from the smith and it's screaming for glass. Aside from that, I still have barrel break in. The shooting season is not far off.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The SII's that I have fondled, have been very nice. And for the price??>>>A GREAT deal!! :twisted:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I dont really have a comment on the quality of their scopes but i have a story to tell about Leupold.
I sent them an e-mail about their lens covers today at about 4-4:30 p.m.
I recieved a reply within an hour actualy the reply was in at 5:12.
Think about service before you buy any brand .
I love a company that sends me several e-mails in reply to my dumb questions.
It shows me they care about their products and customers :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts