Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if there is an single shot action out there, that allows you to load from the left? With your free hand?

I have been looking at some stolle, and nesika and the general benchrest actions out there. Just wonderd if there is something else out there not that expensive. In prone, or in the bench, its much easier to use.

Maybe do something with a M700 action? Or would that ruin the stiffnes of the action?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

If you want a single shot action why not go for something like a Martini...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A martini is to rare over here... And a Ruger nr 1 is to expensive (1500$ new, and round 1000$ used.)

I have been eyeing an Barnard action. Not as expensive as the others, and seems to be as large as an remington action. And has the left/right port option.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Northman

I was up in your neck of the woods in 1977, for NATO Opeartion Barfrost 77, We were the first USMC infantry detachment to visit above the artic circle. Gorgeous place - and people were incredibly friendly.

Barnard actions are truly nice equipemtn. Is it cheaper to go with Barnard or RPA (I think that is the correct initials of the one I'm thinking about)

JeffVN

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, yes it is quite, nice up here. Beautifull nature!! It's been 5-6 months of snow here now. Finally going away, the sun is up 19 hours a day by now. Cant wait until may. 24 hours of sunlight for 2-3 months.

Anybody seen insomnia? :lol: :lol:

I am currently looking into Barnard and RPA (don't know the price of an RPA action now, but seems to be cheaper in the long run) Any other action/rifle don't seem to go down in price over here. A 2 year old remington still sells for 700++$.

I know Savage sells single shooters, but nobody imports those to norway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a thougt.. but how is it for a right hand shoter to load with a left handed rifle? I have never actually tried it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts