Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the day out looking around for the roar for stag wallows when i herd this take off, caught a glimps of it early morning and stalked it for hte next 2 hours thinking it was a deer. however wen it got spooked and ran i got two shots off at it, the 1st hit it in the lungs as it ran and the 2nd hit it in the back of the neck.

just for reference that my lab there is 34kgs, thats roughly 70-75lb, imagine how big that goat was. i stand 6ft2 and still couldnt lift it as high as it stood.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Nice goat. What kinda ammo do you hunt with?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Muzzleblast said:
Nice goat. What kinda ammo do you hunt with?
yer they were dropped all around the country when the early whalers came through so if they were ship wrecked they could use them for food, now they like the other animals here are totally out of control.

new zealand at one stage had No game animals on it. the wild boars here were dropped by the early Maori(native people of NZ) then the elk moose rusa fallow red and sika deer where all imported here.

we still get alot of good trophys though, in the wild every year there is alot of people shooting red stags down of 12-14 points. Elk and moose are rare though, the last time a moose was shot here was in the mid 70s the part of the country they are(the fiordlands) is still 85% unexplored it consists of mountains small rivers and covered in snow in winter. elk are taken now and again though.

just outside of the town i live in(5mins drive) there was rymour of a guy taking a 620lb Boar, then he took it to hte local hunting shop to get fotos to proove it, the next week his girl a 440lb sow was shot about 3km from the place the boar was shot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i hit it twice on the run. one hit it in the lungs as it bolted, and the 2nd hit it in the back of the neck and it exited just below the skull

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yer i was kind of, i mean i thought i was stalking a stag its hoof prints were taht big haha anyways i got this instead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts