Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this the other day by accident:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976524046.htm

As far as I know, the catalog 327 is a 2 inch snubby, but here we have a 5 inch unfluted, miculek stocked version of same. The description says it was a performance center gun, and I suppose it could be a "one of" custom, but maybe, just maybe, it's a soon-to-be production piece. At any rate, here is one for sale, so they can be had. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
At the risk of offending folks, in my opinion, that's the ugliest revolver ever.

And I mean ever. To my mind, if a revolver cylinder is unfluted, then it is unfinished. That whole revolver looks unfinished to me.

I guess I am betraying my age. To my mind all revolvers should be polished and blued.

Mad.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've gotta chime in here...unfluted cylinders look great on old and repro. ball and cap revolvers. That's were they belong though, if its new I agree fluted in pretty much a must. I do have a ruger that interchanges from .22lr to .22mag. The magnum cylinder isn't fluted :x but its not too offensive, and if you shoot it at night, it more than makes up for its appearence :wink:

That is indeed an ugly gun. If I had/recieved it, it would be "liquidated" quickly :lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i would love it if it had a straight barrel. the tapered look on those barrels just offends me..

i like the smooth cylinder. Gives the pistol a cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hope it is a better gun to shoot than the Titanium ultra light 2inch they let us play with at the range one day. It was a two inch SW 357Mag, using Full powere magnum loads, and not one of us could keep both hands on the gun, not bad to fire one handed, but dont use two, it would blow the weak one right off the grip. THE MUZZLE FLASH WAS IMPRESSIVE THOUGH.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree about the unfluted cylinder, I prefer fluted, however unfluted ones can look great fully engraved (along with the rest of the piece). As for the tapered barrel, I could take it or leave it. Sure, its not a beautiful revolver, but I've seen many that are uglier still.

This wouldn't be my first choice in a custom revolver, but its definately not at the bottom of the list either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts