Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SN3 I posted about a while ago came and now it sits on its throne...

(58mm objective, 35mm tubing, 4" sunshade with honeycombs, MOA reticle)

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
148 Posts
The SN3 is nice, but the .50 rifle is kick ass! thats barret right?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yes its a Barrett M-95 Bolt Action Repeater. (not the same thing as what the military uses) Thats a nice set up Scatch. Did you get the scope factory direct? How many pretty pennies did that scope set ya back? 8)

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Max338 said:
(will CA law let u shoot it?)
As long as he legally bought it and is shooting it on legal shooting land theres nothing they can do about it.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Sadly and strangely I don't think Scatch names his firearms...Now that setup demands a name! Its awesome, Scatch. Thanks for posting.

Must cost as much as a new car, but if we didn't think it was worth it, we wouldn't be here at SC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe I'll nickname it Tyson, for its raw power, and portray his personality through it by firing it randomly and unexpectedly... :wink:

To answer your question BC, I bought it from a fella over on SH who, according to the build sheet, paid $3260. :shock: I didn't pay near that much, hehe.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Well if you got the scope under 3K you got a good deal. Have you fired the rifle yet? It looks brand new.

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was hoping to break it in last week during spring break, but the local range that allows 50 BMGs only allows them on Monday afternoons. I'd fire it today, but I have a paper due by midnight, another Thursday, and an exam Friday. :?

With luck, I can get some groupings next week! I'm using some cheap surplus ammo I found, though, so I don't know how good of a representative of the rifle's accuracy it will be.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
What date and manufacturer is the surplus ammo? You should get 2 MOA groups or so with modern military surplus ammo with that rifle.

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Former raw power.
If you want to talk about current raw power you should name it Hopkins.

-snowy

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol yeah, this is true. I'd expect a rifle named Tyson to bite ears, talk about eating people's hearts, and then get slapped around :lol: The rifle does look like a Tyson though...Old school Tsyon

·
Registered
383 Posts
Use the surplus for a quick sighting in, and use newer ammo for results.

Surplus ammo works great against various fruits and veggies too (if the range allows). My range only allows 50's / class 3 / cannons / misc before 8AM

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
subThermal said:
My range only allows 50's / class 3 / cannons / misc before 8AM
Friendly neighborhood alarm clock. :)

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Muzzleblast said:
lol yeah, this is true. I'd expect a rifle named Tyson to bite ears, talk about eating people's hearts, and then get slapped around :lol:
That's sort of the point of the name: Tyson has reduced himself to the street brawling thug he grew up as. He has a lot of power, but doesn't know how to apply it properly. Essentially, my ownership of this rifle is the same thing: it's got a lot of power, but I'll never have the chance to properly (note: properly) apply its power.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Klitschko, name it (Vitali) Klitschko.

Alright, no more boxing talk I swear.

:p

-snowy

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Ahh, I see the point of the name now, Scatch...Bah, you'll have that thing walkin and talkin, shooting just how you want it to.

Yeah, Vitali is pretty good....I'd wanna name something after one of the MMA guys though, like one of the better UFC people, or better yet, PRIDE.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts