Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys use snap caps to practice triggerpull,breathing, and other strategies while shooting like if the weather isnt nice out or stuff like that--i just recently ordered two for my 700adl.308 from cabelas.com here is the link

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

sorry about the long link--i'd just like some opinions

dom

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Its great practice and I recommend using them whenever you can. All four of the basics of marksmanship can be practiced WITHOUT firing rounds.

Steady Position
Sight Picture
Breath Control
Trigger Squeeeeeeeez

You will notice improvements if you practice by dry firing using your snap caps.

MEL

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip mel!

dom

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you decide to buy snap caps get good ones. A-Zoom snap caps are the best if you ask me. They are CNC machined out of alluminum.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
American Rifleman said:
A-Zoom snap caps are the best if you ask me. They are CNC machined out of alluminum.
thats what i ordered

dom

·
Registered
994 Posts
American Rifleman said:
A-Zoom snap caps are the best if you ask me.
BC always thought real highly of them, too--but I suppose living in the same house, you're bound to have a few things in common (such as personal identity).

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
The top shooters use snap caps and dry fire lots. Good choice.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ekaphoto said:
The top shooters use snap caps and dry fire lots
hmmmmmm--hopefully i can get some good results :D

dom

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I'm sure with the free practice you'll be in top shooting shape, Dom. I can think of a lot of cool things to try with the snap-caps that will get you there. Hey, you'll be a step above everyone who doesn't use them :lol:

I suggest trying a miltary style excersize and just pushing a tack into the wall of a room, laying down at the end of a hallway (or whatever shooting position you want) and just concentrating on keeping your sights on target while moving through your trigger squeeze. Practice makes perfect, and start off close. Keep moving back as you find it can be done right %100 of the time. Challenge yourself!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the tips muzz--i'm sure....with practice, and live fire....i will become a better shot(if everything goes right) :lol: thanks again for the helpful hints!!!

dom

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
They're metal, in the shape of a round, and where the primer is they have a piece that is like rubber to protect your firing pin. you can use em all day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Think i might be getting myself one of these... :)

I probably need some trigger control still...sometimes get excited and want to jerk the trigger... :oops: and i guess i could get my breathing down better to with these!

StealTh

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not a bad idea stealth......A zoom aluminum snap caps go for 8.99 for a pair of rifle ones(need to specify caliber) check out the link at the top of the page

dom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts