Okay, its the moment everyone has been waiting for, the first official SC Postal Match!!!
Since this is the first official postal match, we will keep it simple to test the processes and see how it works.
So, without further ado, here is the official target, provided by the folks at mytargets.com
And now the rules.
1) Targets are to be POSTMARKED on or before Jan 31st.
2) Targets are to be fired from the prone.
3) Bi-pods and sand socks are allowed.
4) Sand Bags are NOT allowed. (Sand sock is for the buttstock only)
5) Distance is 100 yards.
6) There is to be NO MORE then 5 bullet holes on your official target
7) Only 1 shot will be scored PER rhino. If there are two bullet holes in the center of one rhino, only 1 will count.
8 ) Scoring is:
Very center dot - 10 points
Inner Ring - 5 points
Outter Ring - 3 points.
Max possible - 50 pts.
9) Unlimited Caliber.
Okay, not exactly a tactical target, but it'll work for the first time out, and should be fun. You can shoot as many targets as you would like, but only one is to be sent in.
Tie breaker will be smallest average of 5 shots to CENTER of targets.
Guys, this is all based on the honor system, and will only be fun if you are honest. There is nothing to gain by cheating, please do not make me require a signature from an "observer" on the target.
That being said, there MAY be a prize for the winner! So participate! I'll keep it a surprise to prevent people from being tempted to cheat :wink:
Send your official targets to:
2813 Carla Jo Lane
Missoula MT, 59803