Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Sniper central rifles Picture gallery(only SC produced g

RSO Paula also fired 10 rounds from MS Jackie at the 300 yard target. She stated this was the first time she fired such a rifle (she is former military and use to M4's) and she now wants one. I mentioned SC at least 10 times so hopefully "Jackie" will have a "relative" coming from Montana.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts

Got my Howa from Mel this week and made a trip to the range today.
Shot some cheap BVAC FMJs to break it in,then a few groups of 168 grain Federal GMM and they grouped nicely. I'm very content with the rifle, Thanks Mel! :D

100 Yd

200 Yd

·
Registered
1 Posts

All these rifles are making me anxious. Whats the average wait time these days to get the rifles in?
I am build number 5069 ordered at the end of march.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Mine took about four months......mel told me how long when I ordered.....it was still tough waiting for it..

·
Registered
56 Posts

shelpster66 said:
Ok.....I finally am getting around to uploading some pics from the range and a range report. As I am still fairly new at this long range stuff, bear with me if I make mistakes in my wording.
The range wasn't all that busy when we went to shoot, which made it kinda nice to get familiar with this rifle. I may refer to her as Darla every now and then becasue the wife thought it was a good name for ner. So I get there and get all set up and send a few down range to see how it shoots. Here is the set up as I have it now.......no spotting scope yet. Saving up some cash to get a decent on.

Darla looking down range during a break.....

After sending about 7 shots....1 cold bore, top (I was a tad off....and 1st time shooting this rifle) the second I brought it a little closer (to the left) then the 5 shots that lie within the 1" mark. This was at 100 yards.

The second round I went out to 200 and wasn't real happy with the results. Not sure why I was so far off, but the bag I was using didn't qiute have enough media in it and I had to use the bipod to help with stability. This was the second round....

all in all I think it was a good first outing. Going to try to go out this weekend again to see if I can do any better. The rifle far exceeds my expectations and outshoots me to the point I get discouraged. I know I'm getting used to it and look forward to shooting it A LOT more.

Thanks again to Mel for an awesome rifle......

Mike
Mike - that range sure looks familiar. It is a long way out to 1000 yards!! Have fun. :)

David

·
Registered
91 Posts

Hey David......
Manatee Gun Club......what a great place. That 1000 yard mark might as well be 10,000 yards at this point.......I'll be there tomorrow around 11 to start testing load development that I loaded this past couple weeks. I'll be in a blue shirt and tan hat.....if you're there, please stop by and say hello brother.
I'll be shooting at 565 yards tomorrow after a few at 100 to get an idea of what load the rifle likes.

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts

Hi Guys:

Just an update on Jackie. She's still a joy to shoot. If you're considering getting a SC rifle I for one would encourage you to do so.

Today is the results of Jackie at the 300 and 400 yard range near my home.

Ray

·
Registered
151 Posts

Here's my rifle Mel produced for me... Could NOT be happier with it. I've shot a .3" group of 5 at 100 yards, so Mel, you did your job well! Thanks!

Rem 700 .308 action with 26" heavy barrel
B and C Mk II adjustable
Harris legs
Tac bolt knob
20 MOA rail
Wyatt Outdoor DBM system
SRT Shadow Ti suppressor w/ Elite Iron wrap
Xtreme Tactical rings
Bushnell Elite Illum Mil-Dot 3-12x
AccuShot monopod
Load my own 168 and 178 A-Max for 2600 fps

Did the MultiCam myself...

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts

Scotty G~

Thats a beautiful rig. The camo looks flawless and really does blend in great in the pictures.
Goodshootin'

~Reagan

·
Registered
18 Posts

I just ordered mine today and can't wait :)

·
Registered
46 Posts

Wow, Scotty you did a great job with the multicam. Do you have any pointers for someone who's never painted multicam before, but slightly artistic?

Instead of snapping any photos, my buddy made some videos of my SC rifle. Enjoy!
First day out with her:

Letting some pals from out of town try her out:

·
Registered
12 Posts

Well, after many months of waiting. My SC rifle finally came in yesterday. I'm planning on doing a proper break-in today. While I'm blowing through the ammo, I'll try to get a few good groups. Today is only pics of the rifle. No targets as of yet, I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks Mel, for a beautiful rifle. It is everything I expected and more![attachment=1:2rinulx0]rifle.jpg[/attachment:2rinulx0][attachment=0:2rinulx0]rifle1.jpg[/attachment:2rinulx0]

Stats:
.308 Win. 26" barrel
Cerakote - Coyote tan
Tac-ops bolt knob
B&C Mk2 Adj. Stock
Harris 9-13" swivel bipod
Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50
Accu-Shot monopod

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts

fore1337 said:
Wow, Scotty you did a great job with the multicam. Do you have any pointers for someone who's never painted multicam before, but slightly artistic?

Instead of snapping any photos, my buddy made some videos of my SC rifle. Enjoy!
First day out with her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur7y2MWRu2k

Letting some pals from out of town try her out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6cGHwY_57w
Fore1337,

I'll do a write-up if anybody is interested. It's not perfect, by far, and that bugs me, but it's pretty close.

The Duracoat colors are, for the most part, "a bit" off. Especially the greener "forest" green.

·
Registered
12 Posts

[attachment=0:s7k7i7ae]Scan10001.JPG[/attachment:s7k7i7ae]
Here's a copy of one of my targets from the barrel break-in and scope zero from my .308 SC rifle. I over adjusted right after my first 2 shot group. I decided to shoot the 3 round group just to see how tight it would group. I ran out of daylight, so I shut down, cleaned and put up for the night.

Now, I know I'm going to get some Booo's and hisses when I tell you what I was shooting. :lol: This rifle was shooting groups like that with cheap, 145 grain, steel cased, monarch ammo!!! I know, I know, steel cased ammo is hard on your reciever and extractor...and the powder sucks...But what a testament to the capabilities of the rifle :mrgreen: !! Thanks again Mel!!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts

Scotty G said:
Fore1337,

I'll do a write-up if anybody is interested. It's not perfect, by far, and that bugs me, but it's pretty close.

The Duracoat colors are, for the most part, "a bit" off. Especially the greener "forest" green.
The colors off or not, It looks outstanding.

·
Registered
999 Posts

sab2024 said:
Well, after many months of waiting. My SC rifle finally came in yesterday. I'm planning on doing a proper break-in today. While I'm blowing through the ammo, I'll try to get a few good groups. Today is only pics of the rifle. No targets as of yet, I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks Mel, for a beautiful rifle. It is everything I expected and more![attachment=1:14rfpwoc]rifle.jpg[/attachment:14rfpwoc][attachment=0:14rfpwoc]rifle1.jpg[/attachment:14rfpwoc]

Stats:
.308 Win. 26" barrel
Cerakote - Coyote tan
Tac-ops bolt knob
B&C Mk2 Adj. Stock
Harris 9-13" swivel bipod
Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50
Accu-Shot monopod
Nice stick!!Good to see Mel is still spitting them out. Goodshootin'

~Reagan

·
Registered
21 Posts

My sincerest thanks to Mel and the work he did on my rifle. I hope to do his work justice.
Remington 700 - .30-06 Spr
26" Mcgowen Barrel
Mk2 Stock - Green with black webbing
Bushnell Elite 4200 3-12x44mm Tactical FFP Illum
Bipod BR 6-9

Excited to get behind it barely begins to describe my anticipation.

Thank you again Mel.

221 - 240 of 265 Posts