Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 40 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
heh.... a good number... perhaps I'll dig out some more tonight. I havn't take photos of all of them, but I did many of them.

MEL

·
Registered
170 Posts
Heres my SC1M40A1....kinda

.308 win
24" #7 MT barrel in 1:10 twist
McMillan HTG w/ adj. cheek piece in GAP camo
Badger AI detachable floorplate
TPS rings and base
IOR 3-18X42 <-- Awesome Scope

Mel really is a craftsman, this rifle is spectacular. It shipped with a little .38 group and during break-in I managed some in the .47 range with lots af really great 2 shot groups...just cant quite get that third on in there. Here are some pics that Mel took, when I get time ill post some with the scope, bipod and case.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Great looking rifles all of them. I also see SC does do a Lefty now and again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
some absolutely awesome rifles there, and ive got to agree with lonewolf im loving the A5 stock in blue, black and grey too :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm glad this thread was started, SC rifles are really nice and one of the ones I wish I could get my hands on. I wish we'd get to see more on them. I remember when the survey first came out when Mel was looking for what the favorite features and characteristics were, as well as a few sample spec lists and prices to vote on.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lonewolf said:
I absolutely LOVE that A5 stock in the blue/black/grey!
No kidding eh, he just had to post that one :lol:

I have such a crush on that stock and colour scheme its not even funny

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whats that beauitful one that is about the third pic in? It has a nice look

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Everybody's seen her before but, this is Summer my once stolen SC1.

-snowy

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Man i just paste my eyes on this post every couple of hours coz it makes me all tingly inside.

What rifles!!!!!!!!!!!

Mele they are insane and that is one hell of a portfolio. If i was you i would build two of everything. That way you can keep one and sell one :D Ok so you may need a barn to store them all but thats ok :D

Hey Greystoke, sounds like an awesome stick bloke. Cant wait for you to get her, the anticipation is a killer! Make sure you post pics and range reprt when you do though :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can only agree with you DannyBoj, these sticks are awsome and the anticipation is a real killer ! But I'm sure it's worth the effort.
And be sure I will post some pics, I think I will take a ton of pics :twisted: (but if Mel wants to put a pic or more of her on this thread it will not make me angry :wink: )
And what the specs of yours ? (if you want...)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey Greystoke, no dramas at all.

Mine is the SCM40 that Mele had for sale. All can be found at:

http://www.snipercentral.com/scm40.htm

I was also working with him on getting a custome built as follows:

Surgeon Action
ER Shaw 1:10 20" Barrel with a Brake
A4 STock with Adjustable Length/Pull and Cheek Piece
Remy Trigger
BO DM

Think that was it.

I put the papers in here but got absolutely nothing back and that was about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the M40 is a pure beauty, it appeared when I was thinking about my project and it made me think a lot more !!!
Your custom rifle will be a great one too, Surgeon seems to make a great receiver.
20" barrel... Mike R.'s idea seems to walk his way :wink:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
ER Shaw eh hoss? Those barells are made not all that far from me here in PA.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah i love it cant wait to get it.

As for the custom, i just called Licensing and they told me they dont have the application form :roll:

Well now it give me a chance to harrass Mele some more about a whole diff rifle, this one in .338LM :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
very cool thread ya got going here. I havent been around in a while but its really nice to see pics of Mels Rifles in one place.

·
Registered
82 Posts
As soon as I get mine in I will post some pics and a range report. I hope that will be soon!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Here are few more that are rolling out of the shop as we continue to ramp "down" (don't hear that too often!). Sorry about the quality of the pictures, I should have let my wife take them.... perhaps I will... she does such a better job, and has a much nicer camera also. (SC got the hand me down)

A SC1A1 in .223 and a 20" barrel and desert camo stock.

Here is a long time coming (took a long time to get various parts) SC1A5 with 20" Hart fluted barrel. Stainless steel action, stainless barrel threaded for suppressor, black-T etc. The scope is just a swift used for test fire.

This is greystokes SC1A1 with many goodies, including green-t, BO floorplate, etc.

MEL

·
Registered
110 Posts
SC1A5.....let see if I donate left testicle......donate plasma.....go to sperm bank before removing left testicle......and last but not least lets get rid of that pesky soul of mine and.....yeah, yeah I should be able to get it then.. I suppose what I am trying to say is that I would really like one of those to be in my possession.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bet I've looked at them three guns 50 times :) When I told Mel what I wanted in that rifle (the black A5) I wasn't sure how it would look. But, after looking at that pic I would have to use the words of the great Napoleon Dynamite "It's Awsome!" :D Can't wait to have it in my possession :!:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Took the green and black ones to the range this past friday, in the driving, cold rain, had no problem with sub .5 MOA, they will be shipping very soon!

MEL

21 - 40 of 265 Posts