Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mel, I remember a while back ago you had mentioned trying to put together an instructional class or school, but was working some land use issues. Havv you given this any more thought or made any progress?

I know you're a busy guy and I'm not by anymeans trying to add more to you plate, I just remember you saying it was something you'd like to do and was wondering how it was coming along.

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Likewise. This summer it would be easy to take 2 days off of work plus a 2 day weekend to go learn a lot about long distance shooting. I look forward to hearing more about this.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
We could do it... but it would have to be "informal" meaning a gathering of like minded folks. I am currently not setup with any sort of insurance to cover such an event and I do not have any sort of official facility as of yet to do it. Plenty of areas to shoot though...

MEL

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mel,

Let us know. I'll contribute and even see if I can make it out there to help set up a range and whatnot. It would be a dream come true.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mel
Under the right timing and circumstances, I would make the drive from Vegas and bring my 3 steel plate targets (2 spring loaded) with me.....

JeffNV

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hah! I can't even get my ass to Indiana to visit family, and if I made it to Ohio, I'd get smacked for not going to see my family there. Having seen over 40 states though, I'm going to have to recommmend somewhere friendly to open long distance shooting...

Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Eastern Washington, South Dakota, Arizona...

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Eastern Washington

Any of those states could work for me. Montana, obviously, would be the best. Steel plates, spring loaded, would be great. I would recommend probably july as a good time frame....

MEL

·
Registered
126 Posts
I started a new job in January, but might be able to break loose for a few days. Worse case, maybe just for the weekend. I would be very interested in this-sounds like fun!

·
Registered
770 Posts
For this to happen, someone is going to have to take some real initiative.

I suppose that could be me.

July seems like a reasonable time frame... not too distant, but plenty early enough to make plans.

So, here's my thought:

People who wanna go can post a message on here saying so, and giving their preference on location, and then pm me with contact info. Why don't we give until the end of May for people to say yay or nay? That way, by June 1st, I will have an approximate idea of number of people, etc. and I can make inquiries about camping, accomodations, reservations, etc. That will also give us time to find a suitable place to shoot.

I think this would be a better way to handle it than just posting a location and date... who knows who would show up, armed?

-Craig

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would like to attend, and I would prefer the location to be:

1. Eastern Oregon
2. Eastern Washington State
3. Western Idaho

I am fine with camping, and a a Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon would work well for me, to allow travel and event time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
My vacation actually goes from july to july so I wont have any vacation time till july but I would love to come and just watch or make a fool of myself cause Im pretty good at both from what I have been told.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts