Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that will be interesting a new forum about the snipers on 1st and 2nd World War, all the history, weapons, scopes, famous snipers, etc. What do you think about this?
Thanks for advance.

John.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Might be kind of hard to find them all, or get real accurate info. I am sure there are a lot of guys like my grandpa, who were handed an 03A4 or scoped M1, shown how to use the scope, and presto chango, you are a sniper. Grandpa said he was selected, when his CO was asked to provide his best shot for a special assignment. It seems to me that he probably was used more as a counter sniper/company DM, but that is how it was then.

ML313

Know your enemy and yourself, and you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles-SunTzu

Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT-OSP Drill Instructor

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Mlammers, nice post.

Not enough people or commanders know how to make or how to employ a sniper today. Think about how much worse it would have been back then. Those guys forged the road into the snipers we have today I guess.

People forget after wars how effective they were and say they don't need them. Then there's always a rush to bring them back.

Remember in Nam with the first air to air missles they said they didn't need cannons on fighters anymore? lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts