Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight from my opinion I conclude /observe that I know more than the average Joe does. But I want to konw ALOT more. More about the math and physics. The Army FM is alright but from what im concerned it has minimum phsyics in it compared to waht you guys know. So what books? Not books about the wars and the role of snipers /scout-snipers. Thanks and sorry for my typing its FUBAR because its 0055 here. hah

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
"The ultimate sniper" is a good book its like 500 pages long and reviews the basics for snipers(both military and police) for like 50 bucks...and it goes over some complicated stuff too that i dont understand. its a great book that i reccomend you getting

dom

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Check out:

http://www.snipercentral.com/books.htm

The Ultimate Sniper is a good book to start with, but there are several inaccuracies in there (like their measuring of the USMC Mil-dot reticule). Just be careful, and its a good book.

oh, and become a member of sniper central if you are not, lots of good info there, and more being added.

MEL

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
"Snipers In Vietnam" is also a great book--nice little book about carlos hathcock and all the different prosedures they used in vietnam for their snipers for example--sniping out of helicopters--sniping with an m16 :shock: and sniping with browing m2s :D

dom

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mele. hah sorry I completly forgott about that section!

Hyno, yes that book is a must read and I still need to get that. ULTIMATE SNIPER, i'll buy that last sense it cost more heh. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
i can recommend the special operations target interdiction course manual.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Got a source where a tightwad like me can download the SOTIC manual?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts