Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is here so that we can talk about rifles. You know, real weapons that shoot bullets really far. This forum is not here for us to talk about airsoft weapons, shotguns, airguns, blowguns, pistols, axes, knifes, dogs, cats, birds, sex, life, cars or anything else. If that stuff happens to come up in a thread, then fine, but when someone starts a thread about pellet guns it kinda pisses me off.

To all you newbs... If you decide to make a new thread, Keep this in mind when picking your subject.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Spade,

I understand your point and agree with it, but remember that an air gun is a good way to introduce people to shooting. In fact top shooters for high power etc train with air guns, and air guns are an olympic sport. Shooting position, breathing, trigger control can all be learned with a air rifle. In many countries an air rifle is the only option for people. Saying all that the talk of air rifles should be kept in the context of the forum and site. And yes starting threads about dogs, friends and lovers should be avoided.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ekaphoto said:
Spade,

I understand your point and agree with it, but remember that an air gun is a good way to introduce people to shooting. In fact top shooters for high power etc train with air guns, and air guns are an olympic sport. Shooting position, breathing, trigger control can all be learned with a air rifle. In many countries an air rifle is the only option for people. Saying all that the talk of air rifles should be kept in the context of the forum and site. And yes starting threads about dogs, friends and lovers should be avoided.
Thats all well and good, but what the **** does it have to do with SNIPERcentral.com... get where im going with that?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Perhaps an ammendment/compromise. "Centerfire Rifles" topics in rifles, everything else in Misc.

MEL

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
David Tubb, one of the best, if not the best shooter today trains with an air rifle. He regularly trains with an air rifle and I believe ANY serious shooter should including snipers. You don't have the noise and recoil when you shoot and can concetrate on basic skills.

Also I believe it is a duty to promote responsable shooting and introduce people to the sport. If we get high and mighty with new people that have a genuine intrest to learn we just make a bad name for our selves.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I remember a quote from some famous guy, something about compromise being the real good and stuff. :D Ne way, I like Mel's idea. I don't like all this pellet and airsoft stuff (there is a lot recently, don't these kids have school to go to? :) j/k), and learning is great! That is why I belong to this site; however I believe if that is all they are interested in right now, there are many more sites out there that can be of much more help than a designated 'sniper' website. I believe the majority of the members here are interested in centerfire rifles.

That all said, I welcome all to this site and hope everyone learns lots of things. But can we try to limit the non-centerfire discussions. [/quote]

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I'm not real big on the air soft stuff my self, and like I said I believe the air rifle stuff should be kept in context of this site. The misc section is a better place than Rifle section.

Besides, it's Mels site so what he says goes :lol:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I practice throwing grenades and smokes... ect ect... by throwing rocks some times. Do i sound off on my daily rock throwing on the military forums? You can bet your @$$ i dont...

I understand where Spade is comming from... there has been a dramatic climb in "BSers" lately. Not necisarily on this forum... but on all forums that i know of. This is a SNIPER Forum... i dont come on here to read about peoples bb guns and how they aim "blank firing ak74's at the local hoodlums in the uk".

My 5 cents... since i almost allways put more than my 2 in :wink:

BC

·
Registered
222 Posts
Iam with you guys on this one Spade, there does seem to be a lot of posts that have nothing to do with Sniping.

One thing that has been bothering me is that people post topics in the wrong subjects. For example this one, what does "Something I've gotta say" have to do with Rifles. This should of gone in the Misc subject. A lot of us, including myself have made this mistake I just feel we should take the extra time to be more careful. I hate it when I go in the rifles forum and somebody is trying to sell their gun, when we clearly have a classifieds section. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beings it was addressing a specific problem in the rifles section... i thought it should go there.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I, as the leader of this gaggle of sniper folk, agree with what has been said. The rifles section will be for centerfire only. Air rifles or Airsoft will be relegated to the Misc, and I will start deleting posts if it gets out of hand, especially if a majority of posts end up not being at least semi-related to sniping. This is first and foremost a SNIPING forum. Of course, we all get off topic and there is a Misc section for a reason.

But also, PLEASE remember to be respectful of others, regardless of age, nationality, etc.

MEL

·
Registered
576 Posts
Perhaps the Misc section of the forum could be supplemented by an "On-Topic Off Topic" forum. That sounds really odd, but:

- On-Topic'ish: Relates to SniperCentral, or longarms. Sidearms already have a forum. Would be a good place for the .177/rimfire discussions, airsofting (Please, let me moderate that. :p ), or paintballing.

But:

- Off-topic'ish because it doesn't immediately deal with high-accuracy centerfire rifles, which is the whole point of this forum.

Overall, the site is superbly designed, with perhaps none better, to cater to the centerfire crowd.

Rimfire/Air-Rifle could do with their own little forum, and attach a subcategory to that for Airsoft/Paintball and you'd be good to go.

And I think that might please all interested parties.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Why doesnt the kid just start his own forum?

BC

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
Why doesnt the kid just start his own forum?

BC
Amen, BC, Amen!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
i agree with everything said.

I personally feel that paintballing has no place on this site, i enjoy it, but there is no relevance in relation to sniping/shooting/or tactics. The centerfire only idea is the best idea i have heard. I also think the other forums (kit/sop/sidearms) should be actuall firearms and firearms/sniping related only. Im a newb just like many of these guys, bu ti liek this site because ther eare REAL snipers/shooters here that i could learn from in a mature environment, not to hear about people getting kicked out of summercamp.

IMHO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts