Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeffdorr said:
I think that, if I was the photographer, I'd take pics from behind the people shooting, and not from in front.

Jeff

Aint that the truth. LOL. I could not believe that when I seen it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well the thing that got me was it looks like one guy was totally unsure what to do, did a reload (was it a failure to function that caused him to have to reload during a 5 round fire???) and RETURNED A USED OR SEMIUSED MAG TO THE CARRIER.

And he was right beside the photographer.

Highly trained LE/MIL types do practise close or opposing each other, firing fire rounds... the concept hinges on if these guys cant keep rounds on target they shouldnt be there... Its not like 'cruits do this stuff but rather proven men...ahhh and women.

After all in CQC the good guys and bad guys are mixed in a furball.

In LE the hostages/civilians are often mixed in with the bad guys... ya REALLY want a cop who has never familiarized with an gunfight exchange going in to extract your son or daugther from a bank job gone bad???

Has never experienced rounds flying by and might freeze???

How would you train for a gunfight???

No idea on these guys, but highly skilled marksmen, combat types do train face to face at times...

Justa thought...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Dust_Remover said:
You think that's bad, you should see what the 5th Special Forces Group guys do when at the zero range! :shock:

Branden
Oh, OH after saying that, I though you gotta share. :wink:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
LOL the guy who reloads and turns all the way around looked like he was following directions from the "walk and turn". "A series of small steps". LOL I can't believe that video.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Guys,
I might be a patently unsafe idiot, but that at least to my eye, was probably an advanced handgunning course and not what you are normally thinking of as a standard basic/requal range exercise.

The guy who stood up and panned with his pistol still unholstered, muzzle raised(which I don't care for, but it was a tight line and he probably couldn't go into a sul position without possibly covering a good guy) before reloading was obviously just a little ahead of the others, as you might have noted another shooter doing the same thing. Instead of thinking about it being a cluless idiot turning around with pistol in hand, think of it as a firing drill...

Draw, fire five rounds, scan for additional threats, do a tactical reload...

As to the photographer, there is one very well known and respected trainer who intentionally has his students stand downrange, so that they can experience the sensation of being on the recieving end of incoming fire.

As in all things YMMV...

Respectfully,
Harry

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
LOL well I was taught never to take my weapon off of a threat when scanning.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Brother,
Guns and Eyeballs...the gun goes where your eyes go, unless you've got Superman's heat vision ;)
Respectfully,
Harry

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I always wanted X-Ray vision when I was a kid so I could see naked chics everywhere I went. But today way too many are overly large to want that anymore LOL.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well, I am not going to be that photographer! Yeah we do a lot of training as well.....NO WAY!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
beck.jamie said:
[quote="Pen&Sword":3urr3xh9]yeah, I laughed too, that photographer still had his lens cap on.....

Cheers
LOL, you made watch that again.

Jamie[/quote:3urr3xh9]

:D Sorry Jamie, blame it on the Brit sense of humour! Still, it's worth watching twice just to say 'bloody h*ll!'

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a video in response to the one I posted earlier.

While I would not want to be the one down range I see his point and I think he done a good job with his response video.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts