Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good priced starter rifles? I saw a scoped Mossberg 100 atr in a pawn shop for $175.00 I thought that was really cheap for a 30-06. But it did have a floated barrel. I haven't heard any reviews about this rifle yet, I'm not sure how it ended up in the shop that quick. The reason I'm asking about this is, I'm on a budget and would like a decently accurate bolt rifle. The only bolt action I have is a 7.7 Arisaka. I would much rather have a 30-06.
:lol: Sorry for the newbie question guys.

Brian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had one more question I forgot to ask.......an uncle of mine gave me a full box of remington accelerator 30-06 shells. Are they worth shooting? I mean accuracy wise or where they just a thing to sell more ammo?

Brian

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The Accelerators I tried yielded 2 inch groups at 100 yards.

I would suggest that you get yourself a copy of the Shotgun News. There are lots of deals available in there. You might want to buy a Yugoslav Mauser or Swiss K-31. These are available cheaply in excellent condition.

Or head out to the nearest big gunshow to see what is available.

Mad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
madgunsmith said:
You might want to buy a Yugoslav Mauser or Swiss K-31.

Mad.
Where would I find 7.5 swiss ammo? Is the ammo priced good? I have a 7.7 arisaka and I can't stand paying almost 2$ a shell from Norma.

Brian

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Stay tuned for a rifle built for me out of a YUGO action. Stock just came in.

I'll show you what a Yugo mauser should look like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts