Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a rifle in the $1000 range and right now I am looking at two rifles. The Steyr sbs tactical and the Tikka t3 tactical. There has been a lot of talk about the Tikka but I have not heard anything about the Steyr and was wondering if anytong could help. Other suggestions would be great as well.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
http://remtek.com/arms/steyr/sbs/

There is some info for you. Obviously you are in the market for a tactical variety rifle. THere is of course the Remington 700 LTR, and you can also pick up a FN PBR for mid 600's right now as well. What are your plans for the rifle? What caliber are you looking for? Do you have a barrel length you would prefer?

John

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John,
I am planning on using the gun mainly for targwt shooting. I want to get something in .308 because of easy ammo access. Barrel legnth, something in the 20-24 inch range. I am also big an aesthetics and want something clip fed with a bull barrel, which is why the two rifles I mentioned appeal to me.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have a FN PBR. They are a VERY good deal for $649 (reg price is mid $800's) It is clip fed and very dependable. Uses the Winchester type action. I am getting 0.50 MOA with hand loads on a good day (the normal groups I get are around 0.6 MOA). The trigger is as smooth as silk, but set at around 4lb. It is the equal of the Remington LTR.

OR

You could always just by a Remy 700 PSS or LTR and put the HSP or Badger Ord. clip fed floor metal on it and still be in at or below your target price.

Remy 700P=$749
HSP clip fed floor metal=$210
Total=$959

Mele will be doing a review on my rifle shortly if you want to wait before you buy something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts