Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Are you particularly partial to the Steyr?

Reason i ask is because of the cost and accuracy i think you will be far better off talking to mlammers about a custom rig.

To answer your question though, i have never shot one but i did speak to an LE Sniper and he was just picking his one up. He swears by them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a couple of the Steyrs. They are amazingly accurate and handle very well. I've had excellent results with them. Mine are all in .308, but I would expect the .223 to perform just as well. Be ready to suffer MAJOR sticker shock!!

K2

·
Registered
175 Posts
BrutalAttack said:
They aren't that bad. They can be had for around $1200.
Man! If you know where to get them for $1200, please let me know!! Most that I've seen (complete with scope) were running around $1800 and up. I wouldn't mind picking up another or two at $1200!

K2

edit: I should have read your correction before posting again, but I saw $1200 and got all excited!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K2 said:
BrutalAttack said:
They aren't that bad. They can be had for around $1200.
Man! If you know where to get them for $1200, please let me know!! Most that I've seen (complete with scope) were running around $1800 and up. I wouldn't mind picking up another or two at $1200!

K2

edit: I should have read your correction before posting again, but I saw $1200 and got all excited!!
I found a .223 model on a gun auction site for $950 buy it now used of course.

They are regularly sold on auction sites for $1200-1800 without scope.
Hell, Wal Mart has them for $1600.

·
Registered
175 Posts
BrutalAttack said:
I found a .223 model on a gun auction site for $950 buy it now used of course.

They are regularly sold on auction sites for $1200-1800 without scope.
Hell, Wal Mart has them for $1600.
AT WALMART??!!!! :shock: The Jeff Cooper package??!!! :shock: I gotta find a new WalMart!!! :? Actually, those prices are about right for one without the scope. With the scope included, I usually see them running in the $1800-$2000 range.

K2

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about the Jeff Cooper package as I don't know what that entails but they do have them at Wal-Mart. They are on the website lol.

I know I was like what the hell?Lol

Go Wal-Mart I guess. Even though they won't sell pistols... :x

·
Registered
203 Posts
Maybe a little late for a reply, but:
I guy I shoot paper with, sometimes brings his .308 Styer Scout with 3-9 x ? Leupold VXIII scope out to the range when we are shooting 3 & 400metres.
It goes pretty well for a rifle with a 19" barrel (compared to his other rifle which is a 700P with a 26"barrel)
He claims to have acheived bulls eyes (not centres) at 800metres with it, though not consistantly, but that's still pretty good.
I haven't shot that many rifles, but that is the most recoil I have ever experienced. Ouch!
"LOL" You boys from the US have got it made when it comes to firearms.
I would think I was dreaming if I were to ever see anything but a toy gun sold at a shop like Walmart in Australia.
Then again, we don't have shops like Walmart in Oz.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hee

Nice rifles!perhaps people here in Europe are more familiar with those rifles. My brother have had one of those! I never heard he had any complains about them!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Jeff Cooper's whole idea was that they have a long eye relief (2.5 Leupold) scope.
This was one of the basics of the concept and I thought they came with the scope fitted or they weren't a JC Steyr Scout rifle ..... ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kiwi said:
Jeff Cooper's whole idea was that they have a long eye relief (2.5 Leupold) scope.
This was one of the basics of the concept and I thought they came with the scope fitted or they weren't a JC Steyr Scout rifle ..... ?
Only certain packages came with the scope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts