Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Done with Devcon:

The bottom one is an HS Precision similar to your just not adjustable.
I've done others but don't have pictures.

·
Registered
98 Posts
devcon should work fine, at least i hope so, i just bought a bunch of the small 2 tube blister packs off ebay and it was 1/2 of what midway sells it for.
try item # 110494622876

ok, i used this version of devcon. i think its ok for bedding, but its really too thin to texture. so far. it went smooth after i raised peaks each time. i need to try to thicken it, or add my own texture. also i will try a thicker layer and warmer temps for quicker cure

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I textured my stock. I didn't want to texture it too much and I like how it came out. Here's the first smooth "base coat".

and here's the final product.

Next step is painting the stock. I can't decide between black or a fde type color.

·
Registered
514 Posts
bot

and can i say ... if your gonna spam something like that at least get better looking models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
After reading over this topic a few times I finally decided to try this mod on my new Bell & Carlson stock. I used Gray Marine Tex and followed all of the directions listed here. I wanted a little more of a pattern to the gripping surface so I took a heavy duty plastic fork and raked a pattern into the grip and forearm area. I found that a vertical pattern worked better on the forearm while a wavy kinda horizontal pattern worked best on the grip area......it looks pretty cool also. Using the plastic fork did leave fairly sharp "peaks" that I sanded out till I had just the right amount of grip texture that I wanted. Pics to follow ......thanks for a great thread

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I textured my Savage 93 stock I used PC-7 as others did and it turned out fine. I used Devcon for the bedding job because I had a small amount left over from another job and I found that the Devcon didn't take nearly as long to cure as the PC-7 did. It was hard and workable after about 7-8 hours where the PC-7 took about 3 days to not be gummy when sanded. Other than that It worked well and was not nearly as expensive as Devcon or Marine Tex.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That looks awesome! I textured my gun about a month back but didn't know about marine text, I used spray on rhino liner. Turned out pretty well other than w couple runs due to my inexperience with the spray paint and that I roughed up the stock too much in a couple spots because I thought the liner would go on thicker. Both easily fixable though. I think ill use the marine text on my m
110 when it comes in though.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts