Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME OR ANYWHERE ELSE!!

When I was young and really stupid, my brother was younger. He was also even stupider than I.

And he made the greatest shot that I ever saw. I know that you guys won't believe me, and at the risk of being branded a liar, I want to tell you guys about younger brother's amazing shot.

We were in an apartment on the 16 th floor. My brother had a .177 caliber air rifle and he took aim at a kid riding his bicycle. The bicycle was at least 400 yards away. And in making the shot, my brother elevated the muzzle of the airgun about 45 degrees and fired from out of the open window on the 16th floor.

After the shot, it took about 3 or 4 seconds for the pellet to fly to the target. But when the pellet arrived, the kid fell off his bicycle. He got up rubbing his back.

It was a very stupid thing to do. But it was an absolutely incredible shot. I would not have believed it possible had I not seen it myself. When you think of all the variables involved, it was amazing long range shot. But it was quite

Mad

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
If I ever come vist you Mad, we'll be skipping the leisurely bike ride past your brother's house part of the trip.

-snowy

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Heh... amazing luck! The odds were pretty slim, but still amazing.

In a similar situation, when I was a kid, I watched my cousin hit a kid about 200 yards away with a wrist rocket (sling shot). It too was held at about a 45 degree angle... I'm glad it hit him in the leg, if it would have been the head, it could have been ugly....

man, kids do stupid things....

MEL

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And after making the shot, my brother was not even surprised!! He expected to connect.

It was a really stupid thing to do. It was a good thing that the kid on the bike didn't turn around. He might have lost an eye.

Mad.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have hit the golf ball picker upper machine thing once at almost 200 yards while it was moving at the camp pendleton golf coarse several times... me and my friends see who can do it the most. Lowest scoring person buys the beers later that night. :)

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Oh, speaking Golf, I have had some great times down the local driving range.

Once I managed to slice the ball so God damn badly, that it went almost 90 degrees to the side at great speed, deflected off the metal support, and contued to bounce up and down all the other isles before narrowly mising a couple of people and breaking the ball machine... balls everywhere.... boy did that get me some looks!

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
LOL some great stories all.

Mad, maybe all it takes sometimes is just to be certain you can do it, eh?

When I was a kid once, me and my dad were fishing at the riverbank. Now, no one can blame this on being young and dumb, for of the two, you know which one he wasn't lol. I had my airgun with me, and all of a sudden we see specks in the distance. Ah, senior high canoe trip! He hustled us into the bush and he shot each canoe once as it passed by. lol I doubt they could even hear the report of the airgun, but it looked like they heard something when the pellet hit. We couldn't, but they were all looking around and talking.

Heck of a good example to set your lad eh? But it was funny.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Ah, now there is a good father!
Teaching his boy proper concealment techniques, marksmanship, and how to mask the report of the rifle....

MEL

·
Registered
152 Posts
mele said:
Ah, now there is a good father!
Teaching his boy proper concealment techniques, marksmanship, and how to mask the report of the rifle....

MEL

" and remember son.. if your shot passes a tre or something about 20 feet in front of you it sounds like the shot came from a different direction.. thatl save your life the next time your shooting canoes"

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol I hadn't thought about that guys, but you're both right lol.

Only, he fired a few times from the same hide lol. That part isn't a good example I guess

·
Registered
365 Posts
(Mad Gunsmith)Laughs out loud. Thats hell of a shot man! The pellet FPS sure had to be low by the time it hit the target if it didn't break the skin.

Im trying at 100 yards as it is, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Messing around with a mate when we were much younger....

He had a Gat gun (the old spring out barrell smooth bore job) and hit a tin can on a post a good 40 yds away by whipping the gun over his head as he pulled the trigger! At 10 yds these things don't even mark paper targets!

On the same day I chucked a tin can into the air and used an old Webley Hurricane with a shot from the hip to get it whilst it was still in the air! More luck than judgement....as there was no judgement at all!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Ravenblack said:
Messing around with a mate when we were much younger....

He had a Gat gun (the old spring out barrell smooth bore job) and hit a tin can on a post a good 40 yds away by whipping the gun over his head as he pulled the trigger! At 10 yds these things don't even mark paper targets!

On the same day I chucked a tin can into the air and used an old Webley Hurricane with a shot from the hip to get it whilst it was still in the air! More luck than judgement....as there was no judgement at all!
Theres a guy here in the states, Patrick Flanagan, who currently holds the world record for the most traps shot at a time in the air, who shoots from the hip all the time like that. Its pretty neat.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
12twist said:
Theres a guy here in the states, Patrick Flanagan, who currently holds the world record for the most traps shot at a time in the air, who shoots from the hip all the time like that. Its pretty neat.
:lol: I bet my percentage hit rate is better than his - I only ever tried once, and did it first time (FLUKE, yes, but I did it!). :lol: I never tried again because I thought it best to quit whilst I was ahead!!! :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts