Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you use these scopes and I would like your opinion on their reliability, and ease of use.

What magnification do you suggest for a combination of target shooting and varmint hunting? I plan to put it on a 12FV 22-250.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I actually dont think theres anyone on the board who uses this scope. The ones who do probably wont admit it either for fear of embarassment.

Buy a mueller.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know much about the "Super Sniper" scopes... but the name sounds cheezy... like they are tryin to compensate for somthing. I have heard they are okay scopes... but i honestly dont know.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Heh heh heh....Scope Envy.

Google the scope, brushbuster. Some of the reviews are downright pleasant. Problem with Tasco was that it changed ownerships often. Scopes would be good, then bad, then good, then awful, every time the company changed hands.

Its the same scope, I believe, but SWFA oversees it now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spade said:
I actually dont think theres anyone on the board who uses this scope. The ones who do probably wont admit it either for fear of embarassment.

Buy a mueller.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I didn't think anyone here would use a cheap Chinese import like a Mueller if they don't use a Super Sniper. LOL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Just do yourself a favor and get a Leupold... or US Optics. :wink:

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I thought Muellers were made in the US? Cheap is because they don't buy ads or go through a distributor. Distributors usually take 60% so if you ever want to know what a Leupold or a Burris really costs, subtract 50% to be safe and figure in the store needs to pay the kid who sold it to you, and they need to make a profit so...lol.

Mel and Mlammers have both posted reviews of em...Seem to be good kit.

I agree with BC though, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alright, i have the balls to say it because im not ashamed. My SS10x42m is fudging great. I have had ZERO problems with it. Turrets are great, after some use the clicks even out and stay positive. I dont think you can get any other quality glass at the price.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Easy on the F-Bomb brother, this is a family establishment.

-snowy

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Okay, I'm really surprised more of you have not heard about the SS scopes. The first thing we have to do is NOT call them tasco's. Tasco used to have them made, but they quit, which upset everyone who was a fan, and SWFA decided to see if they could have them built again and imported (with a few changes like threaded bell for a sun shade). And this is how they are currently imported. They are made buy Hakko in Japan, which was the same company making the Springfield Armory scopes.

FOR THE MONEY, these SS scopes are good. They have a 30mm tube and good knobs. The optics are decent, probably on par with burris fullfield line, or VXII scopes. I do have plans for a full review on the web page sometime this year. Again though, like everything in life and especially optics, you do get what you pay for.

In terms of Mueller, no, they are NOT made in the USA. Only 3 scope makes are. (Burris, Leupold & US Optics). The majority of the rest are built by Hakko, LSO or china. Facts of life..... (or business). Of course, the high end european scopes are built by themselves.

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I am thinking about putting one on my 50BMG a 16x or 20x. They have a great ranking now that SWFA is having them made! For the money they are the stuff.

This is the way it works:

USO
Leupold
Super Sniper
bushnell 10x
(and all of those euro. made scopes fall in at the top as well)

Although the SS is very VERY close to the leupold, according to all of the reviews I have read. I have not seen one neg review on the new SS that SWFA sells. Now the old "trashco" scopes are another story!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the information guys.......LOE, I think it's great that you had the gumption to come out of the closet........LOL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Loe said:
Turrets are great, after some use the clicks even out and stay positive.
What exactly do you mean? They dont stay put? They arnt even? They dont "click" into place?

Might i add that Brushbuster's avatar is really big... and i have my screen on a large resolution (1280 X 1024) so it must be massive on a 600 X 800 screen. Maybe we can make it a little smaller?

BC

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the ss10x42m mounted on a savage 12fv in 223 and have had 0 problems with it.

it hold zero better than some of the higher priced optics i have had over the years.

for the bucks this scope is well worth it.

just my .02......

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Here you go...

I just got rid of the sides so that you and the deer are the same size... but it takes up less room.

Just right click the picture and download it... then upload it to your photobucket site or whatever you put it on before and then post it into your avatar.

BC

1 - 20 of 22 Posts