Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Unless improperly installed or attached, suppressors do make shooting more accurate. ... Less muzzle rise, less sound and less concussive effect also help a shooter improve accuracy. As long as they do not come loose and are installed properly, modern suppressors will do nothing less than enhance a shooter's accuracy.
And as long as they are cleaned periodically. Dirty suppressors will affect accuracy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the other hand, the suppressor can improve accuracy by stripping away the turbulent gases from the muzzle, the location where the bullet is at its most unstable and most suggestible to change. ... Most suppressors actually increase accuracy. Few change the point of impact, and when they do, it's by a minimal amount forpc.onl jiofi.local.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have never had to re-develop a load for my guns when using a suppressor. I currently have a rugged surge 7.62 and a rugged radiant. The only time the suppressor has had a negative effect is when it became dirty and needed cleaned. I don't care what anybody tells you If they say they dont have to clean their suppressor then either they are not using it for a precision rifle or they havent put enough rounds through it yet. The other issue is if it becomes loose on the end of the barrel. Even just the ever so slightest of loose will cause random fliers. It is easy for a suppressor to back off a little with multiple strings of fire. Just check it periodically. The best thing to do is after firing a few shots and it starts to get warm, put on some protection and give it a good snug down. Rugged has one of the better locking mechanisms I've used on suppressors and this can still become just a touch loose. You wouldn't ever notice this on a non precision rifle as it wont become loose to the point of possible issue.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I have never had to re-develop a load for my guns when using a suppressor. I currently have a rugged surge 7.62 and a rugged radiant. The only time the suppressor has had a negative effect is when it became dirty and needed cleaned. I don't care what anybody tells you If they say they dont have to clean their suppressor then either they are not using it for a precision rifle or they havent put enough rounds through it yet. The other issue is if it becomes loose on the end of the barrel. Even just the ever so slightest of loose will cause random fliers. It is easy for a suppressor to back off a little with multiple strings of fire. Just check it periodically. The best thing to do is after firing a few shots and it starts to get warm, put on some protection and give it a good snug down. Rugged has one of the better locking mechanisms I've used on suppressors and this can still become just a touch loose. You wouldn't ever notice this on a non precision rifle as it wont become loose to the point of possible issue.
Are you primarily shooting bolt guns or are you referring to Gas gun AR platforms as well?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts