Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, I'm waiting for my paperwork on a Surefire for my 308. I choose the Surefire because of its mounting system/muzzle brake. Also parallel to the purchase, I'm building a 300 Win Mag on a Stiller Tac action, Broughton barrel and AI stock. So here's the question - will the Surefire suppressor work on the 300 Win Mag as well since both rifles are .308 inch diameter? It would be nice to have one suppressor for two gun; only requiring two muzzle brakes.

I don't want to "bulge" the suppressor or possibly damage it by shooting it on the 300, but if it will work safely with a just a little more noise - that would be fine. Anyone have "real" working knowledge on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It should work, but you will want to contact Surefire to make sure it won't void the warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surefire got back to me, via email to say;

The 7.62 suppressor WILL work just fine with both the 308 AND the 300 Win Mag. Use of the 7.62 suppressor on the 300 Win Mag will not void the warrantee nor will it cause any damage to the suppressor.

Great - two rifles, one suppressor for both.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've recently bought a Liberty Kodiak TL for my 22's and 17's. I cant wait to get it. Its going to be so much fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts