Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what does a rifleman do when it's dark and he needs to see? Turn on a flashlight...but there are so many, which to choose?

I purchased a new Surefire E2D Executive Defender flashlight about a week ago, and so far I'm very pleased. I got it for $95 at my local gun shop, list is $105. 60 lumens for 75 minutes in a light that fits in your palm, weighs almost nothing, and clips in your pocket; unnoticed until you need it.

I've never had a flashlight from one of the big names, and while I cringed a little at the price, let me tell you, it was worth it. Push the tailcap button lightly, and you can turn it on or off very easily. Push it in further and it clicks and goes to constant on mode. The light output is unbelieveable. I did a comparison with a mag light...there IS no comparison. Batteries are cheap at the gun shop.

I expected the "lock in off mode" feature to have a positive click or something, and while that is not the case, rotating a cap isn't exactly brain surgery. :wink:

If you don't have a really good flashlight and were wondering if it was really worth it, the answer is YES. Get yourself an E2D, you won't regret it.

I won't bore you will all the technical details, but the interested can check it out here: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_ ... /sesent/00

1 - 1 of 1 Posts