Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some thoughts about the Surefire line of flashlights. Not weapon lights...but flashlights.

What do y'all think about them...what is the best buy in your opinion?

I was looking at some of the recharge ones...among others.

I'd like one in OD...but I guess I can't be too picky.

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have three and I love them....they're tough, reliable, bright, and versatile. The only down side is that they go through batteries pretty quickly, especially if you use the P61/ 120 lumen lamp, other than that they're good to hook. The best buy for surefires is the G2 by far.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have a Surefire E2D, and I am very pleased with it. However, it is not the best buy of the line.

An interesting option for saving those batteries is the Aviator. A guy I know has one, and it is a two-mode LED Surefire. One mode gives you a somewhat low power green "navigation" light that lets you see around pretty well and saves the batteries, and the other mode is the full on blinding fighting light.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have used surefire lights for 6 years, and never appreciated them until I took a Low-Light Handgun class. I'm telling you, it's a whole new world when you learn how to use this tactical tool.

The Surfire Co. has a tactical training school, and should read some of the articles they have. Intense.

I never thougfht I would be excited about a flashlight, but used properly it is a life saving tool.

As for models, I have a Z6, which is now the Z2. You want 60 lumens of light. No less. You can pick out one(they are the double 123A battery models) from 40 bucks to 100 bucks. The LED models are awesome. They don't break (My instructor tossed his against a concrete wall/floor, no breaky) but they are still expensive.

As far as knock offs go, maybe as a 2nd or 3rd light for your conveniance. But buy a Surefire FIRST.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
+ 1 for surefire.... I carry one on me, in the glove box, and give them to friends as Xmas presents. They have a "economy" line that is priced right and good to go. Why hold a $3 light beside a $600 pistol? You get what you pay for.

Swede

·
Registered
994 Posts
Recoil said:
...there's absolutely no need whatsoever to pay at least 3 times more.
Whoeva was sellin' a G2 for three times the cost of your Brinkmann of $20 must have been selling a bridge, too. You can buy G2s all over the place for $30-35. Still a lot more than the Brink, but definitely not a 300% markup.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Then whats he need a light for? I just use the headlights of the F 150.... :lol:

Swede

·
Registered
994 Posts
Recoil said:
It's true, you might get what you pay for, but you also don't pay $80 a piece for half a dozen (overpriced) lights that you keep here and there all over the house or in the car.
Again, you've inflated the cost of the G2 well beyond what it actually costs.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Recoil said:
Scatch Maroo said:
Again, you've inflated the cost of the G2 well beyond what it actually costs.
Jesus, there apparently isn't a single one of you who can read tonight. I never said squat about G2s costing $80, and don't even give me the "implied" argument. Authorial intent is the ruling factor here, not your screwed up interpretation.

I give up.
Do you feel beter after getting a nap? 8)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Recoil said:
I mean seriously...Scatch is usually so drunk he can't stand. Why would I bother kicking the crap out of a target that's easy even while sober? :wink:
I'm from the streets, bitch! You wanna dance? I'll pull a waltz that leaves you in the hospital for weeks. You'll be beggin' for some crack to make you feel betta.

Scatch "He's From the Streets" Maroo

·
Registered
266 Posts
Lol.

Anyway. I agree toatally with Recoil. I don't have any Surefire lights, but I do have the Brinkman that Recoil suggested, and would recomend it to anyone looking for a cheap, rugged, high output light.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey, all I know is Recoil said he gives up on the post of Nov 20 at 0412.... now I don't know what we won... but I'm glad that we won it... so fork it over Recoil... you gave up... :lol: which pistol shall it be? lol

Swede... and if you've seen any of my fat USMC paycheeks, could you return to sender please, lol...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts