Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have a remington 700 tactical 16.5 barrel and i wanto buy a surfire muzzle brake
is this muzzle brake good or bad thanks

·
Registered
858 Posts
I am not that satisfied with it. I would like to replace it with made by American Precision Arms.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Gen 2 American Precision Arms muzzle break. I have the Gen 2 Lil Bastard and it was very easy to install. Took 5 minutes. Works great, and looks great.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I installed 2 SOCOM brakes.Both were a real pain to time correctly as the timing shims were out out spec. The timing wheel in the instructions bore no resemblance to the actual shims needed due to the shims being out of spec. Once timed however it a nice brake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I own 1 Surefire MB556K and 2 Lantac DGN556B Dragon Muzzle Brakes... I prefer the aesthetics of the Lantec Dragon, but prefer the recoil impulse of the Surefire. (Granted, this is only a 5.56 caliber, YMMV). ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
So you ask for advice and then choose to ignore it, even when people can cite published sources on why its not an effective device?
I had one on my issue 5.56 rifle (for the purpose of mounting a suppressor). Unsuppressed, I preferred the standard birdcage.
The surefire had an enormous muzzle signature on a 5.56 NATO 10 inch upper. And it was LOUD. I used to get a head ache from the concussion. Even outdoors.

I can see a 16 inch .308 barrel being just as bad. And the person next to you at the range will hate you.

I'd really go with a different muzzle device, unless I already had a 7.62 surefire can.

I hear good things about The Alamo 4 star. (AND the PRB test confirms the rumors; Thanks whjaxn)

Here:
SureFire MB762SSAL/RE Muzzle Brake / Suppressor Adapter
Use the dealer locator.

I think the long ones are/were being discontinued, but I can't back that up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 4 SureFire SOCOM breaks 3 on 5.56 (Tavor, LWRC, and Spikes Tactical) and 1 on a Remington 700 5r. All timed perfect and work great and yes I have a 7.62 SOCOM RC2 can on order and in meantime use the SureFire Warden to minimize blast when indoors if I need to. They work great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts