Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Think this watch would be a good piece of kit for a sniper?

Suunto watches are world-renowned for their high quality construction and design. The Suunto brand name means precision and durability - so whatever you use your Suunto watch for, you'll have the peace of mind that comes with wearing an accurate instrument that you can trust under any circumstances. Altitude, heart rate, global position, compass bearing, depth, speed, barometric pressure - Suunto watches provide an astonishing variety of accurate information, right on your wrist. And they're notoriously tough - all Suunto watches are extensively tested, and have proven their ability to resist damage from scratching, impacts, and water. Suunto stands behind their watches, with a 2 or 3 year Full Factory Warranty on every watch.

http://www.suuntowatches.com/

It has GPS, with the ability to connect to a PC via USP cable, a barometer, thermometer, altimiter, inclinometer (too bad it couldn't tell you the incline to your target)...I was thinking those would be great to have right on your wrist, to instantly check your position, or what conditions you were shooting in. Bloody expensive though.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
wow thats some spendy SH*t i'll stick to my timex :)

dom

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I am a card carrying watch nut.

This watch looks good. I'm a bit more of an analog fan, but this looks good.

The SEALS just approved the Tag Heuer 2000 Aquagraph.

http://www.tagheuer.com/watches/detail. ... 4;T:0;C:s;

I think it's alright.

Bell and Ross make some very nice no nonsense watches that have a strong reputation for strength and reliability.

I like their Demineur w/rubber strap.

http://www.bellross.com/

-snowy

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome watches Snowy...I didn't see that model, but I saw a Tag Heuer a bud owns, and they're excellent. Do you have any?

I'll have to get you a picture of my Breitling self winder made for Bentley Motors.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Automatics are most probably better suited for any sort of heavy duty work... they dont need a battery and work forever as long as you keep it moving every so often... the Tag is really nice... the only problem i see with those is that they are quite expensive (think watch > rifle)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Doggone I've been busy...

I have a limited remake of a the 1956 Tag Monza, it is very nice.
I wouldn't call it a field watch, but I like it.

I like nice watches for the same reason I like nice rifles.

They're precision pieces of machinery that attract intelligent people to them.

Oh, and they're both great fun.

Tell me about your watch Muzz.

-snowy

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll dig it up and PM ya with the details of it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have not just one suunto...but 2. and i plan on getting a 3rd sometime this year. They are great watches and they really do stand up against acts of God and man. I'm not sure if i would spend the money on a GPS watch (if you have the cash then by all means) but a very popular watch is the suunto vector and the suunto observer. i have both and i have no complaints.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have not just one suunto...but 2. and i plan on getting a 3rd sometime this year. They are great watches and they really do stand up against acts of God and man. I'm not sure if i would spend the money on a GPS watch (if you have the cash then by all means) but a very popular watch is the suunto vector and the suunto observer. i have both and i have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice watches, I've had an Omega Seamaster for about the past 10 years and love it as much as I did the first day. I firmly believe that you should have at least one watch that will last a lifetime.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Look into the Suunto X10 Military GPS with give you grid locations in MGRS (military grid reference system) and others and it will give you a heading in mils as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts