Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, sorry I've been gone so much, things are getting really dang busy here as we count down the last weeks to deployment. I am back home in Washington now for two weeks, first time in 12 months. Anyways here's the question, I was offered a near brand new <100 rnd fired, Tac-Ord rifle, its a 308 with the the standard kevlar stock, 18 inch BB w/ fluting, beautiful oversized bolt knob and a great trigger on a Rem 700 action. the going price is 995 with a IOR scope that will be replaced with my mark 1 leupold. Does anyone have any knowledge of this brand. I remember reading several articles on them but I don't remember the outcome. Quick answer is needed, thanks all

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well acording to my g/f, their supressors are crap. The thread size (according to her memory) isnt standard and the threads are always stripping off.

If their quality can be measured by her experience with them, i wouldnt go for it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
spade said:
Well acording to my g/f, their supressors are crap.
theres a sentence you don't here to often.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Too true, but Spade found himself one awesome girl :lol:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Why are you going to replace the IOR scope? I like the IOR'S more than I do the LEUP. What IOR is it? SD

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Definately replace the scope......and since itll just be taking up space.....feel free to just send it my way....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crappy suppressor threads, hmm. that is something to keep in mind. personally I have nothing against IOR but its not the same quality as a leupold tactical, and they are more similar to what i use at "work" so I like to keep the familiarity. I am going to talk to the owner of the store in a coulple hrs when they open to find more of the history of this rifle. I don't expect the same quality out of this as a would a SC rifle but its a nice lookin little riflethat i can stay up on my trigger time, and when I get back and have pockets full of cash it will be a great base for a smoking custom.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
When did spade to this? (nice going spade :wink: )

A chick that is into class 3, I just thought that my wife was expensive..... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Pound,

For $995 I think you should be okay, especially if it includes that IOR. I may even be interested if you are not. I might even be interested in the IOR to buy for review if you want to get rid of it. The tac-ord rifles were (are?) decent, but not on par with the heavy hitters in the industry. But for a shooter, it would probably work well enough. (provide its in decent condition). Keep us posted on what you find out

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
caver101 said:
Muzzleblast said:
When did spade to this? (nice going spade :wink: )

A chick that is into class 3, I just thought that my wife was expensive..... :lol:

Gentlemen, not only is my new g/f a class III girl... shes a Class III dealer and has been in the industry for nearly 17 years. (she started working at her parents gun shop at the age of 5)

She also has her C&E and her father has a class III manufacturers liscence.

Im seriously considering marrying her..... its like that country song says.

"Shes got her daddy's money, her mommas good looks, more laughs than a stack of comic books.....etc."

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yes but he doesnt manufacture anymore due to regulations and ****.
i'll send you a PM with the name of their shop.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you ever make it up this way to shoot the 50 don't bring her!

(She might show up both of us :lol: )

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
There is one, and only one reason i dont shoot ipsc anymore. I've seen her shoot it..... :oops:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Where did you shoot ipsc at? I would like to try to get involved in it.

Poundcake - go for it, resale the scope and you have yourself a dandy rifle!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
well i've done some research, and Tac-ord is now a debunkt company. er is it defunct? either way they dont exist anymore, so i'd worry about getting it worked on. Other than that, I would honestly shoot it first.

And when you go to sell the scope gimme a call. 770-307-0288... ask for spade or scott.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Well as you can see, I bought it, :twisted: that compulsive voice got the best of me. I swapped the IOR for my MK1 leupold, mainly because it doesn't have the same mil dots as my toys at "work" on the range it exceded my expectations. I was basically shooting off of a broken cinder block, but it held 1/2 min all day, and with the mil dots it was easy to slap the plates out to 600yds. I am very happy with its performance. The bolt is great for rapid manipulation but I was throwing brass for all to see, and the M16 extractor is awesome. The only problems that I had were with the stock and over all balance, it is a compact package but the barrel is a little to long for the stock, it makes it very uncomfortable in any position other then prone, and the traditional style grip is too small for my hand, my bottom two fingers hang off the bottom, I believe most of my problems are because I am so used to the A5 stocks.
All and all it was worth it, this rifle will be perfect to drag around out in the field with me. As for the scope, when I get the chance I will post the specs, Mel, you will have first shot if you want to review it, and then its up for sale. Later guys

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The rifle looks very nice, and sounds like it'll be a great performer. It also sounds like you got a good deal on it.

Thanks for the scope offer, keep us posted on it. Sorry everyone, but if it works out, I'll probably grab it for review.

MEL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts