Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very familiar with how the m118lr and the m80 ball effect tissue and how in real life how effective it is. My question is how does the 6.5 creedmoor compare.6.5 Creedmoor had less recoil, doubled hit probability at 1,000 meters, had a 33% longer effective range, retained 30% more energy at 1,000 meters, and had 40% less wind drift at 1,000 meters, but how does compare in tissue? Lets say for a hunting round. I know socom evaluated it to replace the 7.62.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'll let you know this season. I'm interested to see that as well. I usually go for a high shoulder shot because my right ankle is fried so tracking is pretty much off the menu for me. With a heart shot deer I found that they still run anywhere from 20- 100+ yards. With a high shoulder shot they don't go anywhere because if you bust the shoulder you interrupt the central nervous system. Out of the last 14 or so deer if taken in the last 10 years in PA, I only had a clean miss once and had to put a bullet with my 9mm in the head once. The rest just dropped on the spot... No tracking required. Most of my shots over the last 10 years were inside 100yds with a 30-06 with the longest at 135yds. Fortunately for me I had the opportunity to hunt were deer were plentiful so I could wait to get the shot I wanted and not risk going home empty handed. Unfortunately I cant hunt those grounds anymore do to a change in ownership. If you drop one let us know how the 6.5CM performed.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I know it is not the same as 6.5cm, but After using 22cm for coyotes, I would be very comfortable using it for deer. The wound channel in coyotes is massive.

I would think that 6.5cm would do better than 308.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts