Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i'm noticing a bunch of new faces, so you guys should reply to this for sure. The rest of the regulars here, we know each other good but why not more? Heh Tell us about your self, what you did/do, what other hobbies/things you do, music you listen to, what you plan for your future, and anything else. :idea: If you want, add a quote you love so much or one you can relate to.

I'll go first eah? :oops:

I'm 17, turning the magical age of 18 (shouts yay) on 19NOV this year. As my thing below my avatar says, I am in NY. Not the city, but upstate New York. Small down area and we own lots of woods and open field. But after College (I'll talk about that later) I am getting the heck outa NY, I hate it, I hate small town life. Thats just me. I'm going down to either NC, FL, or Cali if the USMC dosnt work out (i'll talk about that later)

Alright well after HS im going to a Community College or straight to a university, the University of Buffalo. If I can't get in UB out of HS, i'll just do CC first then UB. In UB, if they have PLC (Platoon Leaders Class/Course) or NROTC, I will take that in College. This way I can go in the Corps as a O-1(2LT). While in the Corps im going for MOS 0311, thats rifleman for infantry. While in the Corps I get to be in NC (i'm east coast) but there's almost a gurantee i'll be going to Twenty-Nine Palms in Cali. If I don't go in the Corps, then after UB im going down to the states I listed in the first paragraph.

Hobbies. I have a nack for clothes and the like, so don't laugh! :) Speaking of witch, I dress "prep" which is what us cooler (prepy) kids dress as. But my avatar is the exact opposite. The all black, tattoo, rocking out way of life. Those are guys I like so much. I'f I get in a band while in College or after, we might end up dressing that way. But for the mean time im prep. My other hobbies are paintball, thats the PB where you play on a specialy designed field (not in the woods) and you dump loads of paint on your opposition. This is where I spend loads of money on $499+ markers, jerseys and the like. Another hobbie is music. I love writing it, understanding other artist lyrics and its meaning, listening to music and zoneing in on either the acoustic, guitar #1, Guitar #2, bass, etc. So obviously I like playing guitar and reading tabs. I currently play acoustic, but will get a 6 string Ibanez electric soon. Then get a Rouge 4 string base. Music seems to be one of the few "things" in life. Another hobbie that we all know...SHOOTING! I'm hopeing to get a Remmy SPS .308 sometime but who knows. In the mean time my powerline 880 air rifle is so awsome (but the stock is broken :() For cars and that stuff, I love, absolutly love imports. But also like 70's Vettes, 60's Camaro's, Chevelles, and Dodge Chargers. I plan on getting a Civic, put tons of body mods on it and get her painted yellow. Then put a black Carbon Fiber hood on it. Then spend a few thousand oblackn the rims. Replace some of the interior or redo it so its black with some yellow on it.

The music I like is first rap and hip hop. Then second is Pop-rock (as its genre). I like rock the most lyricaly and musicaly because it has the best lyrics along with country. And musicaly beacause I know how its performed. For hip hop I like 2pac, 50 Cent, Fabolous, Nelly. For rock it has to be Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Yellow Card, New Found Glory, Finger Eleven, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne. In 10th grade I use to be the opposite. ALl I listed to was metal (metallica, mudvayne, Nirvana) but I dont anymore im the opposite. The only exeption is some metallica because musicaly they are awsome! I know how to play many of their songs.

Oh and after all I am teen I have all those problems as some of you know. My signature fits my life, and each quote in that is one aspect. I change it from time to time. I suffer from severe mood swings that bring me down (way down to where I think why move on) and mood swings that get me so mad for no reason.It might sound normal to you but trust me, its not. It's one of problems of being a kid, unbalanced hormones. But i'll get through it. I view teen years as a right of passage like the Cruciable for the USMC. This right of passage is where I become a man and where I find out who I am. We all know the thing with St.Peter "Sir, I've done my time in hell"..Well after these teen years are done, I'll be able to say that but I wont be dead heh.
Uhm, if I can think of anything new I will edit this. Sorry for the long read but hey its my life summed up so to say.

My quote is "Live today as if it were your last day"
- I love this quote because I know that regret sucks. IF you want to do something, DO IT or you will regret it. I'm more of impulsive person and don't plan much so I some how relate the quote to that too heh.

Again sorry for the length, but I don't want you guys to post just a small and tiny thing describing you. We'ere all brothers here. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm 18. I work bucking hay and making carbon fiber. Unfortunately God blessed me with a great thing called diabetes preventing me from joining the military. Lucky for me I also have an interest in Law Enforcement and Emergency Medical and Fire Response. The reason I have a passion for those is because of my mom. She had a heart attack when I was 10 and while the EMT's were working on her a policeman took me to the side and was quite simply a friend for me. Sure he was only there for the 10 minutes until she was loaded up in the medic unit but that 10 minutes touched my life and gave me a respect for the profession. I am a Criminal Justice major at the local community college and plan on transferring to Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas fall of 2006. As of right now I am enrolled in a 12 week EMT course that starts this September and looking forward to it hardcore!

I grew up with my dad in the military. He retired from the Army as a CW4. I moved around alot most of my time in Texas and here in Washington State. I enjoyed moving unlike alot of the other kids I talked to growing up. I saw what the military can do to a person and envy anyone who has had or will have the opportunity to let it work in their life.

As far as music goes, I'm a country fan. I like a little bit of everything thought. My favorite artists are Blue County, Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn, Big and Rich, Johnny Cash, Trace Adkins...the list goes on. I play a little bit of guitar and try to sing along but it sounds like cats on a hot tin roof. I boxed for a little over a year and played football in high school. I still try to maintain somewhat of a physically fit condition but I have slacked lately. I like hunting, hiking, fishing, and having a beer with the friends around a bon fire... That's my cheezy side. Hopefully some more people will reply.

-Brian Shields

·
Registered
38 Posts
I guess we'll talk about the fun stuff first. I'm 23 and I've been shooting on and off since I was five. When I was younger I lived in Wyoming and shot trap regularly. Now, I'm mostly into handguns and precision rifles. Ok, now the not so fun stuff. I was working on becoming a professional skydiver (seriously) when I broke my back last year on landing, putting me in a wheelchair. Don't let this freak you out. Feel free to ask me about anything. We learn by asking questions. Now, I'm getting back into school, studying religious studies. For things like terrorism to end, we need to understand where they begin. I'm also very political. In this day and age, if you're not paying attention, you're in trouble. Don't let the screen name fool you, I'm open to new ideas, as everyone should be. If you met me in real life, you probably wouldn't recognize me. I'm one of those black-wearing tattooed guys that corvette was describing. Hey, we all have our qwirks. So, yea, that's me. If you're ever in Albuquerque and want to go shooting, look me up.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i'm 14--i attend a middle school in Watertown South Dakota- I Live With my dad hes 49 (april 9th 1004 my mom passed away from cancer) just in the past year i've really got into shooting--i like to play xbox.......i especially love to play baseball-i'm a pitcher and i hope to take up a career in baseball-i've hunted ever since i could hold a bb gun---from sparrows(bb gun) to coons (.22) and to deer and such-- i hunt birds also mostly just pheasents

i like to listen to oldies music (beach boys, Beatles, bachman turner overdrive)i also want to say that all you regulars on the boards make me feel like this is a great site to be a part of!!!!! thanks for everything

for quotes....i like the one on my signoff thingy--i also admire pete rose's quote-"i'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit just to play baseball"

as for shooting--i have a remmington model 597 in .22lr with a 6times scope (shes one helluva shooter) 1\2 inch groups at 50 yds....one time i shot a flickertail at 125 yds with her :shock: and i have a chinese piece of crap pellet gun--my newest gun is a remmington m700 adl syn. .308--great gun typically shoots .75-1 moa at 100 yds--

my favorite pro baseball team is the Yankees (half way across the country but thats ok) i've like then ever since they aquired Derek Jeter. Which was in 1996...baseball games at yankee stadium are totally amazing! my dad, i, and a friend had the chance to go to two games last summer--the only bad part about the place is the $7.00 hotdogs :(

my favorite food......must be ice cream--good way to end this

dom

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am 19, no auctualy it is 12:20, so I am 20. Leave on a family vacation in about 5 hrs so see you guys in a week :cry:

I'm in my second year of college at Mesa State, in Grand Junction Colorado. Dont kow what I am studying but trying to find some thing. When not in college I live in Golden Co.

Hobbies are, computer stuff, paint ball, airsoft, movies, hang out, parties, etc... I have done Tae Kwon Do for the past 13 years and loved every minute of now, but now that I am in College, I have taken up Judo, great fun.

As for shooting, I have a remington 700 in .223 that i use for varments and target shooting, I shoot on my Aunts farm. I have a bunch of BB and pelet guns for fun (no reason to have a real gun where I live). Currently working on an airsoft gun and seeing if I can make a stock from scrap; and make it kind of look like an M40a3 as a summer project.

Currently uneployed as the econemy sucks in Denver right now(McDonalds is not hiring, first time in 10 years of being open....). "Working" for my parents doing various art things and consulantant things.

So that is me. Nite all.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well, I'm 16, I live in centeral NH (about an hour an a half hours out of Boston, and about 2 hours away from the Canadian border). I just finished 10th grade, but I'm homeschooled which I enjoy, I started doing homeschooling in 5th grade and havent looked back, I really feel I'm getting a better education than if I were in my local public school (the dropout rate is 51%) in fact, the program I'm going through is more higly acredited than my local HS.

When I get done with my schooling, I plan on joing the Army as 11b (I'm going to try and get airborne school in my contract) and work my way to Ranger. I've had a large intrest in the military for as long as I can remeber, and I come from a large military family. My dad was USCG for 20 years, my grandfather was Army in WW2, my other grandfather was in the Navy during Korea, and I currently have a brother in the army currently in Korea, a sister the the army reserves, a cousin that retired from the army and was in Bosnia, my other cousin and his brother is in the army, and got back from Iraq about 6 months ago, I have another cousin whos in the navy and 2 uncles that were in the navy also, and finnaly another uncle who was in the army. So after being born on Pease AFB, I think it was just natural that I join some branch of military, and plan on doing it ASAP.

I really enjoy guns, but unfortuneatly I dont have any, and have only got the chance to fire one (S&W model 10 .38 special :D ) but I plan on getting some as soon as I'm on my own, so for now its just my airsoft guns. I'm also very interested in cars, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to them too, I like old ones, new ones, imports and domestics (except the cavalier and the focus!) and would optimaly like to get a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX and spend all my money on it, or a 1969 Chevy Camero SS light blue with the 2 white stripes going down the middle. :twisted:

I'm defineatly into music, but have no talent with it at all, so I just listent to it. I'm really into punk, and my favortie bands would be Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, CKY and Mike V And The Rats among others. I'm just sick of bands with no talent, and no meaning in there music.

A few of my favrite qoutes would have to be
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep."

- Italian proverb

"He who knows others is wise.
He who knows himself is enlightened.
He who conquers others has physical strength.

He who conquers himself is strong."

-Tao-te Chin

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6:8

and

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things;
the decayed and degraded state of moral
and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war
is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety,
is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free
unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stuart Mill

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
im 20, single at the moment, im enlisted in the Connecticut Army National Guard in the scout platoon, goal is to become a sniper
im a UConn student, currently a business & technology major but thinking of changing it to political science, hold a job as a PC Technician and like to run and work out, martial arts, interested in all weapons, i love shooting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts