1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Fake news been going on for many years......we kicked ass and took names, annihilating the VC and the NVA.
Watch the video attached to this article, Nam vets still getting the screw from film makers, once again portraying the USA as evil war mongers.
?Lost? Cronkite broadcast reveals 180-degree war flip

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fake news been going on for many years......we kicked ass and took names, annihilating the VC and the NVA.
Watch the video attached to this article, Nam vets still getting the screw from film makers, once again portraying the USA as evil war mongers.
?Lost? Cronkite broadcast reveals 180-degree war flip
Yea, I was there in 68 TET, in the brown water Navy on gun boats. The title should be The 68 TET in Nam Was 50 Years Ago. That's me on the 50's gun tub 1968, TET. View attachment 24970

·
Registered
551 Posts
As a vet who arrived there as a draftee shortly after TET began and served almost 2 years there, I salute all those who volunteered to serve their country. So, a sincere THANK YOU for your service SatCong and to any other's here who served then. 50 years ago doesn't seem all that long ago to me, but it seems ancient history to the public who would prefer to ignore it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a vet who arrived there as a draftee shortly after TET began and served almost 2 years there, I salute all those who volunteered to serve their country. So, a sincere THANK YOU for your service SatCong and to any other's here who served then. 50 years ago doesn't seem all that long ago to me, but it seems ancient history to the public who would prefer to ignore it.
Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My first day in country was Jan 31 68. I landed at Danang in a fire fight at the wire. Went to quang tri and it was being lit up. Was a door gunner on the evil eyes med evac chopper. Spent lots of down time at Khe Sahn waiting for wounded. They pounded us there every day. Flew all over I corps. our motto. If you can get shot in this weather we can fly in it and save your ass. 228 missions. Pretty dang good with a M60. Now I have to learn slow fire I'm looking forward to this long range stuff a lot Agent orange is catching up with me so this long gun might be my last plaything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts