Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Already seen. You're slow on the ball, Recoil. I find it interesting how he fell, despite the fact that the .308 round really doesn't have the energy to move him that far. Only a few inches, really.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Maybe the round disrupted his nerves or he was off balance when it hit? I haven't seen the video so I can't say for sure until it finishes downloading, but I've seen a lot of stuff catch bullets, and some pretty big animals doing backflips when they get hit.

I don't see why a person couldn't react that badly either. There is no reason a 180 grain, 311 caliber bullet should make a deer jump into the air and land on his back lol.

EDIT: Body Armour rocks!! I knew what was gonna happen, but still, I couldn't help but be happy when the soldier got back up and withdrew tactically. Hope he's home safe now with a story to tell.

I think the psychological shock scared him enough that the impact made him fall.

Translated from Arabic: "God is great....Heeey, that was NOT supposed to happen....where did he go? You dummy, give ME the dragunov, you're gonna...awww, crap is that a helicopter coming?"

·
Registered
58 Posts
He was auctually a medic and when, he got on the radio and called up some re-enforcements. The shooter got injured and the guy who got shot gave him some medical aid. It was on armytimes.com

As for the autucal translation:
First he says: let him walk more into the front so when you shoot him it will be a good shot ( like in a good angle for the vid). Then after the shot he says: shall I put the stuff away? The other guy says no. Then the first guy asks: did he fall? Yes, yes he fell ...

·
Registered
266 Posts
hmm, I didn't get the sound.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
thats weird--what kind of gun were they shooting??? were the shooters insurgents or something i like your arabic skills muzz

dom

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol I guess I just know a word here and there :lol:

Yup, the shooters were insurgents...Don't know what they were shooting. Teryan, did the article say?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
They probably didn't have state of the art sound recording system with them, that is probably the cause for the odd sounding shot. Many unknown factors ie in a building etc etc.

As for knocking him over, a push at the right angle will knock you off balace and off your feet. Add to that all the extra weight from gear etc, that is the reason he went over I am sure. That and he probably automatically hits the ground and any gunfire by now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would have had a hard time giving the guy medical aid. I would have been more inclined to help him meet his Allah face to face. :evil: It's not the fact that he tried killing ME but that he tried killing an AMERICAN! No mercy boys, that's all I have to say on this particular topic.

-Brian Shields

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Then again, as long as he is out of action and cooling his heels in Abu Ghraib, he can't hurt anyone, and he might be...inclined...to chat about his friends who share his pastime of taking pot shots at GIs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
WOW
WOW
WOW

I just gotta say HOO YEAH! That's a story to tell. Glad he got back up and went on.

To those scum bags, allah never forsaw body armor/.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I would have had a hard time giving the guy medical aid. I would have been more inclined to help him meet his Allah face to face. Evil or Very Mad It's not the fact that he tried killing ME but that he tried killing an AMERICAN! No mercy boys, that's all I have to say on this particular topic.
He may be an insurgent, but he still deserves medical aid (*see syringe full of air).

·
Registered
347 Posts
APK-223 said:
I would have had a hard time giving the guy medical aid. I would have been more inclined to help him meet his Allah face to face. Evil or Very Mad It's not the fact that he tried killing ME but that he tried killing an AMERICAN! No mercy boys, that's all I have to say on this particular topic.
He may be an insurgent, but he still deserves medical aid (*see syringe full of air).

:lol:

-Brian Shields

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
funny apk----i dont know if hed even deserve that--maybe a band aid would help

dom

·
Registered
365 Posts
yes joking around about this stuff is REAL FUN. But with all seriousness, the enemy is human just like Americans. We all feel the same pain. We are Americans and we have to keep the standards high and respect life.

We all know about the WW1 thing where the Allies (Dont know if it was Americans or British or french) were fighting with the Germans in this certain area (dont know if it was a town etc) and they decided to put their weapons down and eat on Christmas.

I'm sure that in Iraq and Afghanistan we had situations like that. Only thing is the pig nosed, foot up their own a$$ media won't tell, just like the many good things that are going on in that theatre.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
we were the first nation in the world to have our government guarantee that our rights as humans will be protected and not infringed upon. As you know, a basic tenent of the United States is the right to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happniess." Our founding documents and laws say nothing about losing the right to life for being a criminal (even a murderer), or even someone we don't like. The right to life is sacred across the board. The only exception to this is self-defense and righteous war.
Obviously. That is what makes this nation so great. Just doing a little venting.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the whole air thing isn't even lethal. Hopefully that shows a little more that I was just kidding. :p

1 - 20 of 48 Posts