Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

here is my 270 win. savage. i call her the black widdow. out of the box and bore sighted she drove tacs and 100m.

thanx

tricky

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Very nice!

I don't mean to harass you, but you should prob post this type of thing in Gallery.
:)

John

edited because I can't spell

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Since when did deer guts (or hollow cavity) get to be graphic?
:shock: :shock:
Oh, by the way, I tend to agree - to the Gallery it should go!!!!! Ban it. Ban it now to the gallery.

JeffVN

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just a simmons 3-9-40mm. for now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did you hit it with explosive rounds :lol:

It looks like took it out from the inside out. :lol:

Good stuff Trick 8)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Man i dont mean to badmouth your gun.....but simmons are the worst M Fing scopes ive ever seen in my life...terrible terrible quality... mine woudlnt hold a zero... then my 30-06 recoil like made the lense where they woudl move around....NEVER BUYY A SIMMONS THEY SUCK

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Nah, the worst are the scopes imported from China by Bell...Gah! It was one of those "Just gonna buy a cheapie until I can get a real one" ideas when I just brought home my M70. Wanted to shoot it and it was driving me crazy. This thing would be giving 4 inch groups, up until the third and always the third shot. Then it couldn't hit a pizza box. Moral of the story, save up for a real scope like the old guys here say, and buying something dumb only puts you a hundred bucks further from your goal.

In Tricky's case, I believe his model of savage rifle comes with that Simmons 8-point scope included, which ain't bad...And he does want to buy something better. Looks like its serving him well for now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Simmons scopes

I think he is eating high on the hog or Deer so to speak with it so far, I dont think I would go out and shoot eggs with it til it proved itself better.
Rusty

·
Registered
89 Posts
olson said:
Man i dont mean to badmouth your gun.....but simmons are the worst M Fing scopes ive ever seen in my life...terrible terrible quality... mine woudlnt hold a zero... then my 30-06 recoil like made the lense where they woudl move around....NEVER BUYY A SIMMONS THEY SUCK
I have heard the absolute worst stories about BSA? Never had one, not even for my sons red ryder.

Nice Pic

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Heard a lot of bad stuff about the BSA too, Troy...some of it here in the "Optics" section but people were steady telling me it sucks. I have seen some awful Tascos as well, but thats not news to anyone.

Read a review of the Simmons Master that made it sounds like a good buy, for a deer hunter at least. I shot a Savage like Tricky's too, and while not beautiful, the scope is servicable.

TOUCH has it right...The sucker keeps the freezer full and thats all ya can really ask for.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
In regards to the cheap scopes. If you MUST, or one comes on your rifle (like in this case) then you will have a BETTER chance of getting a servicable scope if you get a fixed power. Usually a 4x or at most a 6x will work well for most all conditions. The fixed power scopes have far fewer moving parts where the cheap scope makers inferior quality really shows up. I still recommend saving some extra coin and getting at least a mid grade quality scope.

MEL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts