Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Matt,

I was just wondering if you completed your analysis to determine that 43.2 was correct? I have not tried this load yet but was thinking about doing some now that I have some times on my hands.

Doug

·
Registered
8 Posts
By the way the Sniper Match Accuracy .308 load developed at Marksmanship Training Unit Armory loading room is.....same brass, same primer, same bullet...but uses 41.5 grains of IMR-4895 for 2,600 fps. Used in both M-14 and Remington 40X Rifles.

They have a production milling machine that turns out Stainless Steel Douglas barrels with 1-12" twist profiled and ready for building. Each one is air gauged by one man, and any minute issues, it immediately goes in the trash can...broke my heart to see that!

So, both powders work very well, but 41.5 IMR 4895 is their favorite.....2.800 OAL, they were using Federal Brass when I was there, but Lapua is probably a bit better if you can afford it...the Federal 210 BR primer is the finest in the world.

NW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Copying the Fed Prem GM factory rounds....

New Lapua brass neck sized then expanded, Hornady 168 Amax, Fiocci LR primers, 43.5gn ADI 2208 which is just about the same as Varget or 4895, Hardy 30" 5 land barrel in a H&H millennium action, 2 sighters and 10 for record at 600yds - slight breeze from L to R....60.3, those are 1 minute squares on the target face.

I was reasonably happy with that..... ;)

Attachments

161 - 164 of 164 Posts