Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Though this was a pretty cool idea. A thread to post you range report(s) on! Say you get home from the range, scan your targets, upload em and post for all to see! Plus, the best part is bragging about your setup and loads.

Anyways, today me and my father went to the range to get ready for a pdog hunt that we're going on on Sunday. We were at a sportsman wearhouse the other day, and bought 160rnds of remington UMC 50gr JHP ammo. (.22-250) Neither of us had shot it before, but we thought we'd take the plunge and try it out. So tonight we were shooting some of it with GREAT results!

I shot 3 groups with it. (rem700vs) The first one was the worst. The CBS was .9inches away from the 2nd two shots that were both touching. That group was .93in. Here's the 2nd and third groups. This ammo also shot good out of my dad's lefty bdl. Consistent 1.5in groups.

Group 2:

Group 3:

My marlin 980V also shot well. Not benchrest accurate, but it'll take care of any vermin around here.

Post your targets! Have fun with this guys.

dom

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good shootin bro!

dom

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Since my moblog site didn't catch on, ALTHOUGH IT SHOULD HAVE!...I guess this will be cool.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I love cheap ammo that shoots good......doesn't get any better!

dom

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here's some cheap stuff ..R1M1 south african surplus 7.62 i'm not sure of the weight of the bullet but here's how it shot...first one's at fifty yards then i worked my way to 500 "i only posted 50 and 200 cause everything after 200 started to wonder off"

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here's mine. I am sure that most of you have seen these, but the're my best to date.

first one:
3 rounds
Savage 10FP .308
Federal GMM 168gr
100 yards

Next:
Same as above but at 200 yards

·
Registered
94 Posts
canuck,
This was bone stock right out of the box. I haven't even performed a trigger job and the trigger is breaking right at 6lbs. I'm not proclaiming to be an expert shot. However, I think I lucked into a load my LTR likes. I was so impressed with this group and some other groups from a CZ550 .243 using Varget that I went out an purchased 8 lbs. of it. I have heard of lot to lot inconsistency with Varget from others...I'll know more this weekend as I loaded up 20 "test rounds" with the new lot. As for my LTR, I'm extremely happy with it so far. Here are some other pics using different loads of RL-15 and CCI BR2 (groups aren't as tight):

LTR:

canuck said:
exellent shooting HUNT ... did you get work done on that LTR or is that "out of the box?"

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good shooting ret.

Cmon guys, he can't be the only guy who went shooting this weekend.

dom

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yah, I was camping with the kids up in the wilderness, and while I had a Glock17 with me, I was happy I did not do any "shooting".

Should have a report this weekend though

MEL

1 - 20 of 472 Posts