Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

461 - 472 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
First time past 600 yards. Was surprised how easy it was really. Guess the long process of developing a load and shooting every weekend for 2 months paid off.

The 1000 yard target was in between the 2 trees on the right.
range.jpg

The results from 1000 yards
1000 yrd target.jpg

Pretty happy with the results

·
Registered
39 Posts

Although I missed on the 1000 yard milk jug challenge I thought yall might like the video. First shot misses high right. Second shot misses completely. Third shot misses right by 2 inches. 4th and 5th shot miss right by 10 inches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello There just a short repport.

shot with my
ProArms MK3 AR15 16,7" Lothar walter barrel 1:8" twist
Vortex Viper 6-24x50 FFP mil/mil
Geiselle G2S
Ammo GGG military ball ammo 62gr 5,56
cold bore shot (first one missed in three training sessions) and there 3 shot group in 0,6MOA 2clicks high...
IMG_1989.JPG
next 4 groups.
IMG_1990.JPG
So with my not yet optimal position setup (npa) it is quite possible to be stable @ 1 MOA. But rifle is capable of a lot more... I just need to do my part.

best shot so far long range is this group of 3 shots @ 660 meters (719y) which was inside 2.76 inch :) ± 0.4MOA, but that was on perfect day, without any wind
IMG_1867.JPG

will update as I progress

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just sighted in my M1A Standard this past week at 100 yards using 168-gr. PMC X-Tac Match ammo. I am just starting to get into precision shooting so my groups aren't super tight. I just need more trigger time.

20170317_120608.jpg

The 3 rounds at the top left individually covered in tape are my first 3-round group. I adjusted the scope then shot the 3-round group that is covered in a single piece of tape. I made some more adjustments then put a round in the red. At that point, I wanted to shoot a 5-round group. I definitely jerked the trigger on one of them (the round in the black at 3-o'clock) but the other 4 are in the read. I'm happy with it but, like I said, I need more trigger time and patience.

Once it was sighted in, I made a ballistics table for my ammo. I took the rifle out to 300 yards, adjusted my scope based solely on the ballistics table then fired one round at an 8" steel gong and hit it. I'd say everything is good go!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Finally got my first 60/60 in FTR at 300 yards at the end of my second season of shooting - 60.05 out of the possible 60.10.
Been hitting high 50s for a month or so. Not bad for an old blind shooter, if I do say so myself.

Barnard 'P' action, 32" 1:10 True-Flite barrel, 155gr Lapua Scenar in Lapua Palma Cases over 44.5 gr Varget, Joypod bipod.

Lovely day at the Ashburton Rifle Range, gentle right to left wind which was reasonable steady, fluctuating just a little.

Each square in the e-target screen in 1 MOA, 3" at 300 yards.

Group is 54mm wide by 39 mm high which equates to about 2/3 x 1/2 MOA.

Ashburton Mark 20170611 300 60-5.png

·
Registered
778 Posts
Got out to the range today. Did some 100 yard .5" dot drills and a shoot and see, cold bore shot on the shoot and see was dead on.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

461 - 472 of 472 Posts