Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
morpheus said:
Don't the British special forces use the M16 over the SA80? I thought I heard that from somewhere.
yes they use the M-16 because the SA80 is pritty much a trademark of hte british army and everyone around the world uses the M-16

Yimmy said:
You wouldn't really want the British army using crap M16's or that new bastardised G36 would you?
and we wil be using the XM8 ugh!!! what an ugly gun
why not improve teh gas tube on the M-16 so you would have an m-16 with a different gas tube, no need to re-train troops on how to shoot, operate, clean etc
and ok they wont but whats wrong with the G36 thats already proven... if the M-16 must go that would atleast be a worthy successor!!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the m-16 is also easier to reload since the mag is right in front of ya easier to disassemble and clean and there are others too
why not improve the gas system on the M-16 and m4 or perhapes our new strategy is to make the enemy laugh to death when they see us with these Xm8 toys

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yimmy:

i have on the bushy m-17 which is crap i think, dont know why such a great manufacturer (bushmaster) would make such a POS and theres more wrong with it than it just being a bullpup, the sights were crap i woudlnt want ot take a shot at 25y with it, accuracy was nothing special either, the owner was bitching about it and sold it

im just used to conventional rifles just like your used to bullpups it feels awkward to me to change a mag quickly while standing
the mag release is behind the mag well which is behind the trigger what im not a fan of

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the AK pritty much has the terrorist or 3rd world untrained army stigma to it now though some elite special forces units do use them
M-16 or M4 in 6.8mm SPC with an improved gas system would be the perfect infantry weapon for NATO forces in my opinion
it should be more reliable than the M-16, more stopping power than either the AK or the M-16 and less recoil than an AK

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
10 years left?
replace the gas system and its set until the next advancement in assault rifles comes out
the GI M-16s issued are old and beat up though perhapes slowly tickling them out for new ones but that wont happen as long as they fire

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the-Brit:
large clips? you can get 30 rounds of 5.56mm ammo or you can get high caps with both... more ammo? it better have more ammo your gonna need more ot kill less
good rate of fire? usually the same rate of fire as an assault rifle, faster just means you burn ammo faster and generally they have about the same ammount of ammo
small and compact- yea there small and compact but they sacrifice a lot because of that
decent accuracy- good accuracy at 25y useless byond 50-100y, almost any modern assault rifle can hit a human sized target at 300y even the AKs its easy to hit a paint can at 200y all day, not that this is good accuracy but an SMG at 200y will take a second to get there and arrive with almost no energy and it will be at the enviornment's mercy
wide range of ammo- rifles have anything they have, ap rounds? ap rounds, so do rifles and thier ap rounds actually penetrate better

Yimmy:
M-16 is a far better than average design which has 1 flaw that can and should be fixed

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yimmy:
lol im not being nationalistic
it just happen to like the M-16 though i recognize it isnt perfect, name any rifle that is perfect

spade:
the gas system isnt perfect, it has less moving parts however as a result pushes junk back into the reciever

max:
yea i would agree the G36 is a fine assault rifle, doubt it would be as accurate but say it shoots 1 moa and an M-16 shoots 3/4 moa... just an example
does that extra 1/4 moa make much differnce?
ergo? i think the M-16 is unsurpassed for an assault rifle, this is of course my opinion and the reason i think its far better than average
G36 is an assault rifle not a toy, the XM8 is a toy... not cause of the plastic.. just look at it ;)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
more often than not theres a reason for horrible jams

in Nam, using ball powder instead of stick powder jammed up weapons as well as not issueing cleaning kits and claiming hte M-16 is self cleaning... how wrong can they be?

issueing incorrect cleaning equipment could hurt reliability

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.