Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends I have put off writing this because I have honestly given this peice of equipment every benefit of the dought that I could. I recently purchased this optic from a company over the internet ,mountted it on my Remington 700p sniper rifle and over the course of 4 trips to the range and roughly 250 rounds the rifle was still unable to be zeroed with this unit.As a matter of fact the best group i managed was about 1 moa,then after pulling the bolt for a brief cleaning the scope was off nearly a foot to the left and low !! Nothing contacted the scope during cleaning,it simply just wont hold ajustment,this senario has been playing out over and over for the last month. So today I put a Leupold mark 4 on it and it zeroed in 6 shoots and is shooting 1/2 moa ,problem fixed.
Now heres were I got pissed I contacted the company and told them about the problem with this junk scope I purchased a month ago from them with every intention of ordering a new leupold mark 4 .I wished them to give me a credit towards a scope that worked ,I wasnt asking for full credit I would have settled for 75% of the $500 I just spent with them and gladly paid the resttowards the Leupold. They told me they werent gonna do anything about it and after we had a few words between us offered me $150 for thier scope back, obviously thats all its worth to them but they will sell this junk to Americans for over 3 times that!Needless to say Ill never purchase anything from them again and I would urge others not to buy one of these scopes either becauase they are absolute junk!!!
By the way just so people dont think i dont know my way around a rifle , I served my country with the U.S. Army I was with the 3/75th .RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!! HOOAH

· Registered
8 Posts
Wow, that's the first really bad review I've read on that scope. I have to ask the same ? as the last guy. Why not send it back for service? I just sent back a leup vxIII this past summer that was defective. It came back in as new condition. Point being , no product is 100% perfect , regardless of what it cost. I bet swfa woulda made this right if you'd gone about it the right way. :? I mean , come on :"the worst scope on the market" you've gotta be kidding me.

· Registered
51 Posts
Wow....

This topic could have just had "_______" installed for the name and company slots. There isn't a manufacturer on the planet that hasn't let a POS out the door at some point and time.

Few questions:
#1: After the first trip to the range and zeroing couldn't be accomplished, why did you not send the optic back at that time?
#2: Do you try to contact the company to see if they would warranty their product?
#3: Is that 700Rem all worn out after the sight-in? 250 rounds has got to be some kind of record without getting a zero......

Scott (warranty departments are there for a reason) B

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys I contacted SWFA and told them what was going on and they replied as i stated previously that they werent going to do anything about it,after i told them how I felt about it they offered me $150 for it .At that time i was only about a 110 rounds into the process. As far as how I handled the situation I wasnt rude or hateful to them and they werent to me either so ,im a little confused about that comment. Personally i was shocked that they were unwilling to work with me especially when the scope i just bought was almost $1800 and that would have been their sale and not one of their competitors,but hey irregardless thats how it went down live and learn. Thanks for the replies even though we dont all agrre, after all thats what makes America great we all get to have our own opinions.
Wish all you guys the best shoot straight!! RANGERS LEAD THE WAY HOOAH !!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sure that 250 is a record somewhere, or at the very least a peronal worst!! LOL. THe Remmy is shooting great like I said before it just needed a good scope. I stated earlier i tried to return the scope and they weren't interested in working with me ,so they lost a sale on a much more expensive scope and a customer too boot. I tried every kind of combination i could come up with ,differant bases,rings, ammunition, you name it I tried it . This rifle is new ,to replace one I was forced to sale about a year back the only differance in it and my previous one now is its not suppressed yet.Just waiting for the suppressor to come in and Ill be back were i was a year ago finally. I suppose i could have left out the company name but beings they are the sole supplier for those scopes it seemed relivant, Im sure that as you mentioned junk slips out from time to time no matter who it is ,Im certainly not debating that.Im just simply stating my experince with them and their product.
Now all ive gotta do is find its pet load and ill be set. Ive still got all my load data from my last Remmy but if you guys have any good loads hey share knowledge is power,and nobody is to smart to learn starting with me . I appreciate your replies.
Best wishes to all shoot straight!! Rangers Lead the Way!! Hooah!!

· Registered
1,613 Posts
perpetual motion said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I must have gotten one of the scopes from the good batch. :wink:
So must have hundreds of others. I've often heard of good service from SWFA too.

This is not directed to any individual.
I found that when I was working in customer service that courtesy got me more motivated to help someone, where swearing, shouting and rudeness led me quite often to "I'm sorry Sir but we can't do anything for you." I can understand someone being upset but directing hate at me was not something I would take. Got news for you, I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I was talking to a friend yesterday that sells cars and she and her boss had decided NOT to sell a car to a rude individual, that accused them of being liars and idiots. Why? Because they knew he would be nothing but trouble after the sale too.

Courtesy pays and then if that doesn't work....Screw 'em to the Walls!

· Registered
1,015 Posts
My SS documents still say Tasco on them. But talking to the reps with SWFA (who were very pleasant by the way) they seem to have control over the marketing of this product, Sole Distributorship. Their customer service was great in my experience. If you have a receipt and the timeframe was within reason of your contact attempt, there is no plausible excuse for them not to take that scope back. Unless...

On a different note POGO, I am in the car biz myself and sometimes sell the magic carpet quite well to very unrealistic MWA that come across our showroom floor.

BTW Bradley, great first post :wink: Welcome to SC!

· Registered
266 Posts
SWFA is in the wrong and they should stand behind their SS scopes. After all there is a huge markup on them. Their customer received a lemon and didn't get what he paid for.

The Super Sniper scopes come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty card who is suppose to honer it?

If you bought it off ebay and paid through PayPal file for a refund with them. They will give it to you. If you paid by credit card file for a refund with CC company.

GC

· Registered
907 Posts
Since I wrote a review on the Super Sniper I will respond in part

The Super Sniper is a good scope for the money and has a good track record for working well

I have seen all scopes break or be faulty

I have heard a couple of recent stories of breaking Super Snipers but I believe that due in part to so many of them out there. More scope more scopes breaking.

Never had a problem with SWFA Customer service so try again and ask for Chris Farris Sr when you call. Chris is a nice guy.

SWFA own the rights to the Super Sniper

Now just a word of advice for guys calling firearms companies. They are full of type A personalities and being nice always helps. I ahve seen guys bend way over to help a guy out when he is nice and only do whats requirred by law when he comes off hard. This is not to imply this has happened here just advice for future as I have been on both sides of these things.

· Registered
77 Posts
First off OP, most companies will NOT take back a scope for refund that has been mounted, they will only repair/replace with the same model. You did not even give them the OPTION of repairing it, you wanted your new Mark 4 and wanted it NOW! (From what it sounds like.)

Call them back, speak to Chris, and be nice, its amazing what happens when you don't gripe at the CSR's and tell them that their product is crap.

· Registered
45 Posts
I paid $300 + shipping + sun shades for a 20X Super Sniper.

Another poster on this or some other forum summed up the 20X ~ It might find a use at the range on a very bright day.~

I tried to give it away. Some guy came over and looked through it, but then didn't want it.

The scope is unusably dim.

SWFA says they will give me a trade in.
If I traded it in and they were to re sell it, I would have participated in yet another immoral act of deception.

I think SWFA should give me full credit and agree to scrap it.

· Registered
266 Posts
The OP got a defective scope. Brownells & Midway USA would give a refund on a detective scope. That is great customer service. SWFA says they own the rights to the SS sniper scopes. It's their product and they should stand behind it.

No one has said who will honer the lifetime warranty on the SS scopes. I did some research but found very little info. That is strange for a well known scope and company. Some say Bushnell does the warranty work on them.

If anyone knows who honers the Lifetime Warranty on the Super Sniper scopes & does the repair work please post it.

GC

· Registered
2,904 Posts
Geeze I couldn't have been happier with my ss10x42m.

CS was great. It came with mushy knobs, so I called swfa and the CS rep, gave me the correct advice to do away with the mushiness without sending it back, which they were also very straightforward with. "Don't hesitate to send it back, we'll get it taken care of right away."

dom

1 - 20 of 31 Posts