Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I couldn't find anything on this topic so I thought I would create it here.

I own the Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor which has the 20 MOA rail installed on it but I didn't realize and didn't look at the back of the rail which indicated it had the 20 MOA stamp in which case my American Defense Recon Type S mount with 20 MOA will be too much. I will be shooting eventually past 500 yards but for now, I will be shooting at 200 yards with a zero of 100 yards. I thought about returning the mount and getting the 0 MOA instead but they are out of stock and nowhere to be found. I could possibly go with other brands like the Vortex Optic Precision Mount which they have it in stock.

Would I be able to reverse the American Defense Recon mount so that it cancels out the 20 MOA rail on my RPR making it 0 MOA theoretically making it be able to zero my rifle to 100 yards and shoot up to 500 yards for now and later on I could purchase a Nightforce for example with more mils to dial since my Vortex PST Gen 2 only has about max elevation adjustment of 20 mrad.

I know 40 MOA will be too much for a 100 yard zero and I don't particularly want to zero at 300 yards or so and doing hold-overs would be annoying.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I would try to find a set of 0 moa rings. I wouldn’t want to run it backwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What you are proposing will work just fine. Mount the thing backwards, zero it and shoot. Have a good day.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi everybody,

I own the Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor which has the 20 MOA rail installed on it but I didn't realize and didn't look at the back of the rail which indicated it had the 20 MOA stamp in which case my American Defense Recon Type S mount with 20 MOA will be too much. I will be shooting eventually past 500 yards but for now, I will be shooting at 200 yards with a zero of 100 yards. I thought about returning the mount and getting the 0 MOA instead but they are out of stock and nowhere to be found. I could possibly go with other brands like the Vortex Optic Precision Mount which they have it in stock.

Would I be able to reverse the American Defense Recon mount so that it cancels out the 20 MOA rail on my RPR making it 0 MOA theoretically making it be able to zero my rifle to 100 yards and shoot up to 500 yards for now and later on I could purchase a Nightforce for example with more mils to dial since my Vortex PST Gen 2 only has about max elevation adjustment of 20 mrad.

I know 40 MOA will be too much for a 100 yard zero and I don't particularly want to zero at 300 yards or so and doing hold-overs would be annoying.

Thanks in advance
You should be fine with that. When you’re ready to move out further, you’ll always have 20 MOA in your pocket. Flip the mount and you’ll have 40 MOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance
Omegle
I could purchase a Nightforce for example with more mils to dial since my Vortex PST Gen 2 only has about max elevation adjustment of 20 mrad.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I wish there was a range near me that required me to use 20 Mils to get to the target with my 6.5CM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts