Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
After the CZ527, the T3 Varmint is next on my review list. If finances allow, I will do the Tactical instead of the Varmint. The differences I believe are in the stock only. The caliber will be 6.5x55 or .30-06

MEL

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Just one little problem with the Tactical then, if you have those plans =) The Tactical is only available in 5.56x45, 7.62x51 and .300WM.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
In that case, it will probably for sure be the varmint variant in one of those two calibers

MEL

·
Registered
17 Posts
A quick trip to the Tikka website www.tikka.fi reveals that indeed the Tactical is only available in the 3 calibers listed by our Swedish friend. However, the varmint is available in many calibers but most are special order for U.S.

Small 222 Rem*, 223 Rem
Medium 22-250 Rem, 243 Win*, 7mm-08 Rem*, 308 Win
Std. Long 25-06 Rem*, 6.5x55 SE*, 270 Win, 30-06 Sprg*, 9.3x62*
Short Magnum 270 WSM*, 300 WSM*
Std. Magnum 7 mm Rem Mag*, 300 Win Mag*, 338 Win Mag*

* For USA special order only. Check availability from importer or your local dealer.

-tw

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yes, I wish they offered the tactical in all the calibers. But as it stands, I'll be evaluating a T3 Varmint (Matte Blue) in 6.5x55 or .30-06. I have talked to a local T3 suplier and they are willing to work with me to special order the rifle. I suspect it WILL take a while to get one... but we'll see.

MEL

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mel tell me what price you get and I will see if I can get it cheaper for you. Every little bit helps you know!
sniperdog

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Thanks sniperdog. I would REALLY like it if you could get some of the other calibers over here for the varmint rifle. Like 6.5x55 or .30-06. But berretta USA doesn't want to import them....

MEL

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone know what they are claiming the m.o.a. is?
I looked at site and didnt see it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Stump said:
Does anyone know what they are claiming the m.o.a. is?
I looked at site and didnt see it anywhere.
They guarantee claim 1 MOA out of all their rifles, and the tactical and varmint are the same, they give the genereic 1 MOA on these rifles, though they should shoot better.

MEL

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey FYI: http://www.xitearth.kicks-ass.org/ goes to your ADSL rtouters config page... I see you are at 209.209.211.165 and your DSL is 1472 Kbps/256 Kbps

I assume you want to fix this :)[/quote]
yeah the soundman had a total crash hes workin on it though
thnx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mel, I would think for most people on here the Tactical would be the better choice for a review. It has the phosphated finish and is a better quality package overall.

As for calibre, in my quest for a new rifle I find that 90% plus of stocked Tacticals in Australia at least are 308W which is a great calibre anyhow. Maybe that would be the best representation of the rifle overall?

For the record, my experience with a 308W Tactical was quite favourable but the stock was the only real drawback - slippery and not up to the same grade as say a Sako with its dual mould finish.

Still, value wise the Tikka T3 Tactical is a quality unit.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yes, I agree. Though about the last thing the company needs is another 308 tactical rifle, but perhaps I'll sell it at a reduced cost once we are done

MEL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts