Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t3 and want to know is there a tactical tipe stock I can find for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I could contact tikka, I dont know if they will sale stock alone. It is a t3 hunter so it only has a field taper barrel. I guess it will be well floated! :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tikka

Hello,
at the present time no one makes a tactical stock for the Tikka T3 , send
McMillian a email and see i checked with them back in Nov 04 when i got my Tikka at that time i was told there is not enough interest in the Tikka to do them i havent checked back sinced then as i moved on to my next project .
http://www.mcmfamily.com/mfsinc_n/index.html

Tikka T3 Varmit 308
Stock heavy modified
Ken Farrell 20 moa rail
Rings IOR HDT Med# 30mm
Scope Leupold :
MK4 6.5X20X50mm LRT/MD
Trigger 2lbs.
Harris 9X13 Slotted
TIS M24 sling

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TS2, that is a perfect tikka. I just got my hunter and it was a smokin deal so I could not pass it up. I wanted a 30.06 in heavy barrel but cant aford it right now. The reviews on the t3 were good so barrel or not I scooped it up. I'm in prosses of building a rifle but undesided in .223 or .308 I have a .30 cal now so I thank the .223 is the direction. Coments? I'm all eyes. :shock:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tikka

Hello,

Svinfylking

the forend of the stock had too much flex for me , like a Savage stock . i used a SS 3/8 rod and filled the forend with glass and i moved the bipod back 2 inches ,, this stock has zero flex now . also on the pillars i inserted a aluminum sleeve the action /stock fit is tight /tight . the mods showed when i started shooting for bullets holes .

jb

Thanks Man ,, the Tikka is a nice rifle and i have no regrets in this setup
as this is a mid range rifle . it will hang with it's big brother a TRG-41 for 800 yds .

TS2

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a good point for the stock and looks like my only choice. Micmillan
rote back after my e-mail for a stock and said no. accurate it should be
with the sako barrel I guess I will know soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts