Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just about finished building my Savage 110FP chambered in .300WM and am debating giving it a nice camo finish. I have looked at the camo jobs shown on here and love them, but haven't gotten the nerve up to start it.. The wife says I'm nuts! (like I haven't heard that before..)

Martin

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Personally I prefer to wrap my rifles in strips of burlap or other material for camo, its non permanent and provides a better camo.

you may also try "bouflage" (spelling?) which is a non permanent finish you can apply

MEL

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I think that is bow flage Mel, and +1 for it. I have used it before and it does come off. I wouldn't use permanant paint on my rifle, but it is up to you.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Little tip, most spray paint is very easily removed using cotton ball and acetone on metal parts, I have used it on a 700 I did for a guy. worked real well at removing the paint, and no harm to the blue under the paint.

·
Registered
263 Posts
+1 for wrap camo, it takes more than paint to break SVD's silhouette :wink: besides, wrap into green in summer, wrap into white in winter. Paintshops are usually not available when the need arises :wink:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I use krylon for my cammo jobs on my rifle, I am kind of partial to a design I call Snake skin, since snakes have great cammo.

I use the bottom metal of my sand blaster and spray through it to get the scale pattern.

Here is a 308 I buit from a mauser VZ24

here is another I buit with Snake and Digital mixed, I used card board cut outs for the digital

Desert

Digital, all these guns are done at home with Krylon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fmsniper...those are some nice guns! Yeah, I would wrap, not paint..go for Jute/Burlap stuff..Good times. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts