Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey youve probly seen sniper 1 and 2 did you know they have bought out sniper 3 i have it on order from amazon its supposed to be a good film any one seen it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the first one i thort was the best ive seen only one and two and have them on DVD thats the most realistic one of them all i think great ovie though

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Its crap, just like the first two were crap.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I wanted to... and still do want to... beat the living #$%@ out of the moron who made those movies... he might as well have had them flyin around with jet packs and lazer guns. :x

BC

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Not everything in thoses movies was fiction. There is a USMC and a South America, other than that......

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
yeah those movies are &^%$ ....one of the stupidest parts is that in #3 he takes the mystery rifle out of the box and the factory new scope out of the box and somehow the gun is pinpoint...by far the first movie is the best...the cool part about the 3rd one is there's crazy A$$ asians!!! lol...i dont like the 3rd movie at all the first 2 are much better.

~dom~

·
Registered
43 Posts
i thought they were ok mind you i fell asleep throught the second one so i havnt realy seen the second yet but the first one was ok and i havnt seen the third one yet hopefully will do when i get round to it

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Wait a second!............. You mean all copies of that movie were not destroyed?!?!?! :shock: I thought they were all destroyed along w/ every copy of KILL BILL.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
its funny this topic came up. I was at my folks home this past weekend and was flipping through the channels and Sniper2 came up on one of the HBO channels. Now, the 1st one was so bad (coming from a sniper) that I could not bring myself to watch the 2nd one. But it was there (about half way through) and I started watching. About 5 minutes into it, the main actor (Tom) gets a Russian Mousin-Nagent sniper rifle and promptly looks at it proclaiming "A mauser 98, one of the finest weapons to come from the germans during WWII"

***click*** click **** click **** goes the remote

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hello
I watched all three of them, it a form of entertainment and thats all as to being acturate in context of sniper equipment, tactics, and in general it all make believe.
Cliffy

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
i see where you are coming from though......I didnt like the movie "Hackers" either......Spot the flaws in it, I can.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Being raised by my dad who worked in the movie biz for many years, I can't really enjoy a movie when there are obvious things that are just not right. I mean I liked punisher(obviously not all real), and I like a lot of action movies. But stuff like the infamous 'neverending magazines' and such just really turns me off to a movie.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I would have to say one of the most accurate portrayels of sniping or firearms in a movie was "Quigley down under". Now, taking out the question of whether some person could really shoot that accurately or the fact that its a fictional story, the portraying of the ballistics, bullet flight time, affect of sniping on morale, etc was done pretty good.

MEL

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
mele said:
I would have to say one of the most accurate portrayels of sniping or firearms in a movie was "Quigley down under". Now, taking out the question of whether some person could really shoot that accurately or the fact that its a fictional story, the portraying of the ballistics, bullet flight time, affect of sniping on morale, etc was done pretty good.

MEL
I love it at the end when he tells the guy, " I said I didn't have a use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it." :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
What really gets my goat is when a movie goes most of the way through attempting to be realistic (clips are changed at appropriate times, a person shot in the leg dies from blood loss, etc.) only to pull a completely garbage quick fix problem solver for the end.

No movie is perfect, but when they go from slightly reasonable to Star Wars in two point five scenes I lose it.

Sorry I can't think of a specific example, but I know it has happened to me a few times.

-snowy

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
"Quigley down under" good movie and have watched it many time, and most of the movie with Tom Selleck in are pretty good and he likes to get firearms that are right for the time in history. Check out some of his other western, there pretty good.
Cliffy

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
mele said:
About 5 minutes into it, the main actor (Tom) gets a Russian Mousin-Nagent sniper rifle and promptly looks at it proclaiming "A mauser 98, one of the finest weapons to come from the germans during WWII"

***click*** click **** click **** goes the remote

MEL
Beleive it or not... i threw the remote at the TV so hard i broke the remote at that exact part of the movie :x . Then i had to go buy a new remote wich made my day suck even more...

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
Beleive it or not... i threw the remote at the TV so hard i broke the remote at that exact part of the movie :x . Then i had to go buy a new remote wich made my day suck even more...
Us sniper types are trained not to react emotionally with outbursts that may give our position away :wink:

I've learned to accept the fact that there will never be a good sniper based movie. I lost hope after Enemy at the Gates. Maybe I'll get rich and make an independent movie.....

MEL

1 - 20 of 63 Posts