Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but does anyone know where the extra weight comes from.
There must be more than the collor that is different. :?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Svinfylking,

Sub was just being sarcastic (kidding).... the color itself will not amount to THAT much of a weight difference. Its a good question that should be asked of SAKO.

MEL

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The info on Berettas page shows them as the same weight. My guess is that it was probably a typo.

John

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I missred what SubThermal wrote, i thaught it said "Because the green version weights more than the black, everyone knows that". :oops:
I have e-mailed Sako´s office in Sweden, but have not recived an answer yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to bring up a 3 year old thread, but I thought I'd give it a resolution for anyone who wants know in the future. I contacted Beretta to ask the same question and got this reply after 3 weeks: "The phosphatized model will have a heavier green stock. and a side rail attached to the F/E."
Not sure why green is heavier, but I guess an added rail would make sense. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Svinfylking said:
Why does the green version of the TRG-22 weigh 0.2 kilos more than the
other wersions of the TRG-22 ?

http://www.sako.fi/trg_22.html
They painted a black gun green and used 0.4 kilos of green paint - but 0.2 kilos of the weight was solvents that evaporated or otherwise bled off...

Does that work?

:lol:

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Green stocks , are the Military version of the std stock , and the main point is the stock is 1/2 pound heavier as Its a stronger version , it is also Green in colour & has different sling attachment points .

Later Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts