Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna make my 12 gauge pump a pistol grip pump thats flat black... its a mossberg 12 gauge.. its a turky gun... i baught it used and i just figure i could mess with it... so what all do i need ot do this?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
throw it away and buy a real shotgun.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Your right mel, I guess i might could tell him that you can buy the pistol grips stock from mossberg. You can also buy advanced technologies stock and pistol grip sets from sniperdog.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Way to make me snort my drink halfway across the room, Spade...lol

Take Spade's advice and check out the ATI website though...that and Tac Star

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you give me the websites?....im also lookin for a nice tactical light....and what kinda paint do i use to paint..and what grit sand paper thanks

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
olson said:
and what grit sand paper thanks
40 grit works best on a mosberg :lol: :lol: :lol:

SO.............from the other post in another thread you said you are 16, right? So what are you doing buying guns? In my state you must be 18 for rifles and 21 for handguns..............

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well for one.. i live in arkansas...and i love guns and i dont care what anyone says...i love them and i love taking care of them... two...HOT PINK?? Hell yes.. whats your address?...but will flat black spray paint work well?

·
Registered
152 Posts
common guys dont be too mean, remember wen all of you were young and that keen? Here in new zealand the laws are pretty easy going on firearms. you must be 16 to with a licence to buy a A cat. firearm. thats anything up to 7shot semiauto, anything with a bayonet is illegal unless u have a E cat endorsment.

a cat is calssed as any 22semi, with a 15shot mag or less.
centerfire must be 7shots or less with no military style pistol grips, bayonet lugs ect.

anyhow i have done basic traning as was brought up shooting so ive been around firearms all my life

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Take it easy Olson, I just don't want some passer-by to think that we are endorsing minors to get firearms (which I am NOT endorsing).

I was raised around firearms all of my life and I understand your joy. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright sweet...i hate when people see im 16 and think im just some F up...and does stuff with myguns not true.. but can yall answering aobut the paint

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
calm down dude...............

look at brownells.............gunkote works well, they have quite a few to look at. If you are not going with 40 grit sand :lol: paper use a sand blaster, just be sure what type of medium you use.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Actually I like Mossberg shotguns. Your shotgun is a serious piece as is.

The only thing you might want to do is to change the safety. The stock safety button is rather flimsy and you can buy an aftermarket replacement made of solid aluminum. You can get such a safety at Brownell's.

You might also want to get an extended magazine tube.

But otherwise leave the shotgun alone. And with the money saved, buy ammo. Lots of ammo....

And live happily and peacefully ever after...

Mad.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I agree with Mad, I am a Remington Factory Armorer, and I shoot a Mossberg slug gun in deer season. It has been entirely dependable, and my only complaint has been that it is ammo fussy. It is very accurate, certainly Minute of Deer at 100-125 yrds, and happy days, likes cheap ammo better than the sabots. Keep the Mossberg, as is, sans factory safety, and shoot her till she fails(long long time).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea guys.. but a pistol grip pump..is just like the coolest crap ever...its somthing i can have alot of fun with...and for home protection..i mean i already got a 22 a 20 gauge a 30-06 and my 12gauge..

·
Registered
152 Posts
LOL . . . . . . . . . . . . .. could u have got a pic that didnt look so eer dodgy, i mean im not throwing off at u but hat pic looks like ur a serial killer man.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Your not planning on going postal or columbine on us are you? You look a little hostile in your pic :shock:

Have you ever fired a pistol grip 12ga? (no control what so ever) If you are looking for compact try one of the conversions that will let you mount an AR-15 M-4 stock. Much better(just looks a little goofy), just my $0.02.

or

1 - 20 of 26 Posts