Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was shooting my snap caps with my 700 ald synthetic .308 and i decided to just see what the trigger pull was like on my dads 700 bdl 22-250...on the 22-250 the trigger pull was alot less and more crisp...i'm thinking the pull on the .308 is around 5-7 pounds or something..how much would a normal trigger job cost for my gun do yall think??????

dom

·
Registered
448 Posts
Should be less than $100. I had my factory Remington triggers set to 2.5 pounds by Briley here in Houston and they did a great job and they charged me $75 each for both my rifles.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright..i'll look into our local gunshop to see what theyd charge--is 2.5 a pretty good trigger pull for both hunting and range shooting???? i think it would probably be

dom

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
hyppo: how much would a normal trigger job cost for my gun do yall think??????
how about.....FREE. research it some and do it yourself. However be warned...this is not something to be taken lightly, you better make damn sure you know what you are doing cuz I don't want a bill in the mail when you go and hurt yourself because you were wreakless and hurt yourself. But seriously, me and Dan played w/ the trigger on my 5R for about an hour or so and got it set very nicely. But be careful and make sure to slam the bolt home several times to be 100% positive the firing pin doesnt drop.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll look into that to apk--thanks

dom

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I personally think 2.5 is a bit light for field work, but others will disagree. I like 3 - 3.5lbs

MEL

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm with Mel on this one. It's too easy to have a negligent discharge out in the rough. For a rifle that will only see range work, 2-2.5# is fine, but out in the bush its good to have a slightly heavier pull weight.

Thanks,

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts