Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hi TGV... and welcome to the Sniper Central forums!!!

You could get Snap Caps and practice dry fireing. "A-Zoom" Snap Caps are the best that i know of. They allow you to safly practice dry firing without damaging the firing pin and/or the face of the bolt.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You deffinitly dont want to be like "WOW... OOPS i didnt mean for it to go off"...

A good exercise (very very similar to what Mel posted) is to intermix your magazine with empty casings with used primers but with bullets in the casing... and live ammo... (you can go the extra yard and use new primer cups but remove the stuff inside the primer that makes it go boom) that way you cant tell one rounds from another... unless you feel it by weight... so have a friend load the magazine... NOT THE CHAMBER... and then go at it. You will probably be flinching for the first few hours at the range (if you stay there that long)... but you will get it down and it helps alot.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The exercise i noted i picked up in DM school... the Sniper would sit next to me while i was in the prone position with an M-14 DMR.... he would intermix live ammo randomly with dummy rounds into the 20 round magazine... he would then hand me the magazine and i would load the magazine into the mag well... then i would get in my shooting position NOT LOADING THE RIFLE... the Sniper sitting next to me is suppose to pull back the oprod and load it for me... then he gives permision to fire on target 1... "shooter 1 target 1..... fire... BOOM"... the semi auto rifle would automatically reload the next round... then the sniper would mark bullet placement ect ect into the class session log book... and say "shooter one target 2.... fire... CLICK"... it might be a dummy round it might be a live one the shooter has no way of knowing... the shooter keeps the shooting position while the sniper manually pulls back the oprod and extracts / ejects / cocks / strips / chambers and locks the next round into the chamber... "shooter 1 target 3.... fire.... BOOM".... it might be a dummy round it might be a live round... the shooter has no way of knowing.

This method gets the shooter use to controling himself when about to fire... it works very well. Any other questions just let me know.

BC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts