Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if you any of you guys ever installed trijicon night sights. is it a job strictly for gunsmiths or can anyone do it?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Knowing the type of firearm might help, but, with the right tools, this should be pretty straightfoward.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm... you got me thinking now. any difference in quality between the two?

also about the USPs, what made you decide to get the tactical version rather than the regular fullsize? i myself chose the regular one because it was cheaper and shorter, i figured i did not want to jump all those bureaucratic hoops to get a silencer and that a silencer ain't all that practical for self defense, auto defense and home defense.

although a match trigger and adjustable sights would be nice, can these be ordered from HK and installed on the fullsize usp?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Recoil said:
I'm willing to jump through the "bureaucratic hoops" for a can (which really aren't that big of a deal, it's just a pain in the rear). I disagree that silencers aren't practical; on the contrary...Have you ever shot a gun inside a house?
YEA, I'V FIRED A WEAPON INSIDE A BUILDING BEFORE. ONCE WITHOUT EARPLUGS AND IT NEVER AFFECTED ME. NOPE MY HEARING IS JUST FINE!

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Heh, I can see Eka holding a trumpet to his ear so he can hear people talking...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the Tactical and just love it. I have 2500 to 3000 rounds through it and have never had any problems with it, no ftf, fte, stovepipes, or missfires. What a fantastic weapon.
Yes HK will install the match trigger and sights for you. You can check out HKPRO.COM for additional info. There is a ton of info on anything HK. Great site. Also besides just the threaded barrel, the Tac also has an 0-ring on the barrel where it goes through the slide. It's said to return the barrel to the same spot everytime to increase accuacy. This is not available on the regular USP, without buying an aftermarket barrel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i did look at some kimbers before deciding on the usp. particularly the TLE. but the main reason behind getting the gun was defense, and not being highly trained in the art of pistol self defense, i opted for the .45 with a bigger mag. :)

i am picking the gun up today, will look at the tactical one more time before finally deciding.

thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
My brother got to play with one at a range in Florida! He said the same thing about it. Fast firing, accurate with great sights, very controlable recoil.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, finally decided on the tactical and got it today.

must say though, it seems odd that the sights that come with it are completely black with not alignment dots.

meprolights makes adjustable sights for the mk23, i guess they work on the usp tactical as well?

trijicon does not make sights for the usp tactical or the mk23. wth?

·
Registered
524 Posts
robintico said:
Those guns were made with being covert in mind.......bright dots don't help with stealth.

Night sights were intended for police and home defence.

·
Registered
239 Posts
A very simple and cheap way to fix the Tactical sights is to put some white out on the front sight post. It makes a heck of a difference and costs hardly anything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FLEA said:
robintico said:
Those guns were made with being covert in mind.......bright dots don't help with stealth.

Night sights were intended for police and home defence.
I did think about that. which makes you wonder why someone has not come up with a clever solution to this qualm.

how about a hinged mini plate to cover up the sights when maximum stealth is required? they would click into position when either covering or exposing the night sight lamps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts