• Yes, I am rich and have plenty of money

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*dont take the poll ? wrong, I just thought it was funny*

Here is TTH is all her glory! More to come as soon as I win the lottery, trust me, she will be getting a lot of work done!

I know she has potential!!! 1 cold in center, 3 down and right

Stripped down for storage while I go to school :(

So far she is gonna get an A-5 and be in all OD Green, thoughts comments????

·
Registered
383 Posts
I hate benchrests, thats my comment.

I think with a little paint and tha tstock you want, you will be g2g, perhaps some minor smithing, doesnt look like it needs much if any.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
She's a pretty girl, and sure enough, she shoots! Gonna look great with that stock.

Hey, someone voted they would donate you money lol.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be my vote, seeing as how I will be donating plenty! I am such a generous guy. :D

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hey man, thats cool, if I wasn't working on my own rifle build and I had more cash I would donate you some of it. (If your BS alarm is sounding off right now, it should be)

But I love TTH

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'll paypal you a dollar...lol

Looks great as is though. I might be asking a dumb question, but what kind of rifle is it again? Remington?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yea its a remington...

Id cammo paint it and put her in a McMillan A5 (glass bedded of coarse). Make sure not to paint the muzzle crown... cover it with tape when painting.

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, I have a thread under rifles explaining what I'm doin to her. 1 dollar more is never a bad thing, lol.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
As far as muzzle breaks... a simple 11 degree target crown is damn good. (if ya cant afford a break or somthing else)

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yeah i know you said it was a remington 5 something or other... i cant find it on their website is why i asked.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spade: It is a Remington 700 5R, it is basically a 700 VSS but the barrel has a special type of rifling used on the M24 barrel. I know they were produced for a limited time and I don't believe you can get them from Remington anymore.

p.s.- if you know anyone with a nice used scope let me know please!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
but if you ask real nice I will sell you mine.........make offer (selling bc I have a 50bmg on the way)

REMINGTON 700 SS 24" 5R MILSPEC BBL, TRIGGER JOB, CUSTOM DOVETAIL SCOPE MOUNTS W/20MOA & GLASS BEDDED (BY GOOD GUNSMITH)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

- Scope purchased: Buriss Black Diamond 8-32x50mm (30mm tube) Mil Dot
- $724 w/ Butler Creek lens caps

- H-S stock has been sold

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
APK what caliber and what contour is that barrel? I hear tell your buying a kreiger and might have a barrel for sale. Give info.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm buying a Kreiger? Not unless someone is donating that to me, way beyond my budget! I honestly don't know the contour (I'm sure mel does), I know it is a 5R in .308.

p.s.- here is the best pic I can get of the scope til it arrives next wednesday

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ahh I must have you confused with someone else.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
APK-223 said:
I'm buying a Kreiger? Not unless someone is donating that to me, way beyond my budget! I honestly don't know the contour (I'm sure mel does), I know it is a 5R in .308.
To be honest, I'm not sure what the contour of the 5R is, it does not look the same as the M24 (which it is suppose to be) but that might be because its in stainless and not finished black on the M24, which might be giving a weird visual appearance....

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok guys, HUGE update on the TTH project. :cry: Unfortunately I have to let the old (actually brand new :( ) girl go. If youve kept up w/ the project, I was planning to outfit her w/ a new stock and optics and have some work done. However, I recently decided to go all or nothing! Even though I have to let my beautiful 5R go, I want to do this build right, from the ground up. So I'm selling her and am happy to announce that I have just ordered my very own SC3A5!!!!!! Here are the specs:

Stock: Same, McMillan A-5 w/ saddle cheek piece and spacer system in Desert Camoflauge.

Action and Barrel: This is why I changed, I am starting from the ground up w/ a new Montana Rifleman 1999 action. And also a 1:10 barrel to go with it. For more specs. check out the SC3 section under SC Series Rifles.

Optics: Burris Black Diamond 8-32x50mm Mil Dot

I think this will be an awsome rifle and can't wait till its done, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE: I'm gonna try to keep the old girl if I can swing it!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
sorry to bring this thread back to life but apk........i really like the picture of your rifle stripped down--only because of the kick a$$ lizzard in the background--LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts