Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be old news for you guys in USA, but have you seen the tv-show "combat missions"?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
No sorry... can not say that i have... not on the TV anyway! :)

BC

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm not sure if that ever aired in North America. I've been looking around for it for a long time, since every Briton and European I know has mentioned it at least once.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Man, does France ever catch some flak around here lol.

Let's just not get too carried away :wink:

·
Registered
266 Posts
there was a show called combat missions here about oh 4-5 years ago,i liked it,but there was only one season.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Saw one episode on Discovery Channel. Seemed fine, but was mostly FIBUA training with some British lightfighters. Couldn't get around Staff's accent so I switched out.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There is an old show called "COMBAT"... it aired in the mid 60's in the US and was about WW2. That is the only show that i know of that has a similar name...

BC

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I did see a show on OLN called SAS, are you good enough. It has some real ex SAS put some non military people through a selection course teaching them various skills. They would eleminate people at regular intervols and at the end the staff picked a winner. It was well done and the staff were no **** SAS. The kicker was no one was allowed to have military experance. It was intresting to see some "pro athleats" go to crap because they didn't have the gee whiz gear. Military issue only. Some did quite well. Men and women were allowed in.

Another similar program with Eric Haney aired in the US as well. The diffrence was they concetrated on mental skills more than physical.

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah i saw that one on oln that was cool. i thought i twas really neat that even the winner didnt get any kind of prize if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
576 Posts
"The prize is knowing you made it."

Yeah, that's a damn fine show. It seems to repeat the same damn episode every time I see it on though, always that damn Desert sequence. Down to the point where I've essentially memorized it.

Then there's the Jungle section. The Temperate was pretty damn good, conducted in Northern Scotland if I recall correctly.

Airsofts saw large-scale useage in this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts